Plant Safety Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPLANT SAFETY MANAGER -- TOLEDO, OH --
Disher is an engineering services firm based in Michigan. We are partnered with an automotive supplier working with their Toledo, Ohio location. We are currently searching for an experienced PLANT SAFETY MANAGER to join their growing team.
The person filling this role will establish and maintain the health and safety of the plant workforce by monitoring and evaluation of health and safety conditions assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards. They will be responsible for maintenance of the Health, Industrial Hygiene and Safety Programs for the Toledo, OH facility.
This role is a direct, full-time position, and not with Disher.
First, some of the basics we think will prepare you for this role:
* Bachelor's degree required, in Environmental Health Sciences/Industrial Hygiene or related field highly preferred.
* Minimum six years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory/management role.
* Previous experience in Heavy industrial environment highly preferred.
* Previous experience with air sampling and monitoring.
* Experience with medical surveillance and biological monitoring programs.
* Experience with administering a hazardous communication program, including managing and leading an emergency response team.
* Previous experience with OSHA.
Great! Now that that's out of the way, here's more about what you'd be doing throughout the week. If you enjoy being challenged by your work, and these things are exciting to you, we'd love to hear from you!
* Develops and administers effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs, including health services functions and maintenance of related policy and procedure manuals.
* Educates, motivates and trains line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
* Using specialized testing equipment, samples, measures and evaluates employee exposures to in-plant chemical contaminants, including lead and acid mist; and physical agents such as heat and noise exposure. Administers the audiometric testing and hearing conservation programs. Monitors, analyzes and records performance of the plant exhaust and make-up air ventilation systems.
* Assist Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) in administration of medical surveillance and biological monitoring programs according to OSHA standards and company policies and procedures.
* Manages the plant personal protective equipment, work clothing and safety equipment programs according to company standards and operating budget.
* Administers the respiratory protection program, including quantitative fit testing, respirator distribution, cleaning and sanitizing,
* Assists OHN in administration of the workers' compensation program, including effective medical case management, reporting, record maintenance and follow-up.
* Develops and implements effective plant programs for the identification, prevention and control of occupational injuries and illnesses. Develops and coordinates plant health and safety education and training programs. Serves on the plant safety committee as Co-Chairperson.
* Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations. Maintains legal, governmental and company environmental, health, medical and safety-related records according to standards, including confidentiality. Maintains an accurate OSHA 200/300 log. Accompanies visiting inspectors and reports findings.
* Administers the plant hazard communication program, including maintaining up-to-date MSDS's, effective identification of all chemicals, chemical inventory and related training and education programs.
* Reviews all manufacturing and support operations to assure ongoing safety. Assists the line organization in developing job safety analyses and safe operating procedures for all tasks and in investigating incidents. Develops and implements audit programs to review and assure compliance with applicable health and safety standards.
* Accumulates, prepares and enters health, industrial hygiene, and medical and safety data into the IHS computer system. Analyzes data and prepares standard and other requested reports for plant management.
* Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Management and leadership style support positive employee relations.* Performs other duties as assigned.