This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 2/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Manufacturing Plant Superintendent located in Cleburne, Texas. The purpose of this position is to lead multiple departments including managers, supervisors, engineers, team members and support staff to create and sustain high performing customer-centric products. This individual will lead a team of approximately 326 (direct and indirect -- salaried and hourly) to achieve targets established for safety, service, quality, cost, and continuous improvement. Position reports directly to the plant manager.Ideal candidate will have managerial experience in a manufacturing environment with a proven record of achieving results through others. Also a demonstrated record of promoting and maintaining a safety oriented culture and an engaging leadership style. The Cleburne Texas plant manufactures fiber glass insulation for commercial, contractor, metal building, manufactured Housing, air handling and OEM markets across the US. It is a continuous operation (24/7) and is a unionized hourly workforce.Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
Responsibilities: * Lead efforts in plans to improve productivity, cost reduction, and energy conservation* Develop and implement employee relations programs with the objective of improving employee engagement and morale.* Directly supervise managers, supervisors, engineers, team members and support staff* Assure production activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures to include environmental and safety compliance* Conduct safety audits, lead safety training, behavior/awareness programs, and provide a strong safety presence on the plant floor* Schedules and supervises manufacturing resources to meet production goals established by operations management in alignment with business goals and objectives* Work with the EH&S leader, drives a comprehensive safety program to meet OSHA & JM safety requirements.* Work with Purchasing, Engineering, Maintenance, and Warehouse departments in maintaining services for the plant.* Responsible for goal setting and performance management* Assist in preparation of budgets and standards for cost measurement and manages operations within that budget.* Ensure that all manufactured goods meet the appropriate finished product specification * Develop and administer material and labor usage controls* Participates in production equipment maintenance program including evaluation of predictive maintenance data, scheduling, and conducting preventative maintenance activities
- Four Year College Degree in engineering or related.
- Passion and track record of achieving results
- Minimum of seven years previous experience of direct supervision in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees.
- Experience with manufacturing facilities safety, environmental, quality, maintenance, and engineering
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Proven ability to improve processes and provide/carry out cost reduction initiatives
- Proven ability to establish positive employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate within budget parameters including usage controls
- Experience implementing and leading continuous process improvements via disciplines such as Six Sigma/Lean/Visual Factory manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in supporting safety and environmental compliance
- Experience with continuous manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of preventative maintenance programs.
- Union experience highly preferred