Plant Superintendent (291170-836)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 3/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Tremendous opportunity to grow your career with an industry leader! If you have a passion for supervision and a background in a mining / industrial environment, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Superintendent at the Roff, OK Plant will direct production, shipping and maintenance activities to execute plans and achieve production goals at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements. The Plant Superintendent will manage and direct (4) Shift Supervisors and serve as the acting manager during the Plant Manager's absence. This position will maintain open communications with multiple departments including: Corporate Purchasing, Customer Collaboration, Engineering, Environmental Affairs, Mine Planning, Geology and Sales.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Assure safety, health and environmental regulations are maintained
* Direct mining, processing, shipping activities and maintain production records including
* stripping, drilling, and blasting
* pit development and mining
* sizing and pumping
* processing operations
* product shipments
* plant security during periods while not operating
* Coordinate, schedule and direct activities of subordinates to achieve optimum rates of output consistent with short and long range production requirements and quality control
* Coordinate, schedule and direct the maintenance function. Establish maintenance schedules and assure that maintenance records and equipment data are up to date and accurate in IFS (ERP). This will include Plant winterization, proper shutdown procedures, and crisis management action plans
* Review operating and maintenance costs
* Initiates corrective action to maintain and improve efficiencies
* Maintain acceptable labor and employee relations. Oversee the hiring of new hourly employees as needed
* Review and recommend actions regarding staffing, compensation, development, and training of a qualified staff for efficient operation
* Work closely with Corporate Mine Planning and QC/Mine Supervisor on quarry design and future development
* Review all capital improvement projects and engineering changes to make sure they fulfill the Plant's need and are functional. Keep in mind their long term maintenance requirements
* Serve as a member of the Roff Plant Steering Team and Natural Management Team
* Prepare, submit and administer Plant processing budgets and estimates to include capital and operating expenses
* Advise Plant Manager of any problems or potential problems that affect the ability of the operation to produce in a safe, timely, efficient manner, including - but not limited to - personnel, equipment, transportation, quality, and raw materials
* Ensure that works standards, policies, plans and procedures are maintained at high levels
* Conduct annual reviews of direct reports
* Perform other duties as assigned or as judgement or necessity dictates
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
Unimin offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, a full range of benefits, and the chance to leave your mark on a growing and dynamic global organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
* Prior supervisory experience in a mining or industrial environment required
* A degree is required with an Engineering degree preferred
Roff, Oklahoma, United States
Unimin is an Equal Opportunity Employer