Plastics Manufacturing Engineer - 2017 Spring Co-Op/Internship
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 2/1/2017
The Appliances business unit of TE Connectivity is currently seeking a Plastics Manufacturing Engineering Intern to work at our manufacturing facility in Lickdale, PA. We are currently hiring for each of the following sessions: Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. This position will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The focus of this position will be in production support, and development of Injection Molding processes in our expanding Injection Molding department.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Establish Scientific Injection Molding (SIM) developed processes on new molds and optimize the processes on existing molds.
* Remove and install plastic injection molds into the molding presses.
* Manage the maintenance of new and existing plastic injection molds.
* Manage the sampling and development of new molds and run engineering sample requests.
* Interact with production personnel and equipment maintenance personnel to resolve material, quality, process and tooling issues.
* Maintain project documentation including timelines and status reports.
* Provide cost estimates for injection molded parts.
* Explore and introduce cost savings initiatives and innovations utilizing new technologies.
* Assist and lend expertise in problem solving activities on existing production molds and processes.
* A current junior or senior attending an accredited institution pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Plastics Engineering
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 in Major Field of Study
* Hands On education and a basic understanding of Mold Design, Mold Tooling, Mold Construction and Mold Maintenance.
* Mold design experience utilizing AutoCad and/or ProE is a plus.
* Hands On education and a basic understanding of utilizing the principles of Scientific Injection Molding, and analytical analysis.
* Education in process optimization techniques to meet consistent dimensional requirements in concert with production goals.
* Hands On education and a basic understanding of precision inspection and measurement methods and techniques.
* Energy and ambition to deal with a wide array of projects simultaneously, in a fast paced 24/7 manufacturing environment
* Creativity to explore new ideas and new technologies to benefit product quality in a cost effective manner.
* Demonstration of our Core Values in every day work environment: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork & Innovation
* Ability to successfully communicate across all levels and functions within the organization and facility
* Ability to work independently of others as well as in a team setting
* Strong verbal and written communication skills