Plastics Sales Manager 8/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PLASTICS SALES MANAGER
The primary role of the PlasticSales Manager is to prospect, develop, and close new plastic injection molding business. This role is responsible to implement and lead strategic sales objectives that supports the goals of company. The PlasticSales Manager builds key customer relationships with both new and existing customers/prospects, identifies business opportunities, negotiates, and closes business deals. They must work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the Company. To achieve this, the PSM must develop, present to, and close opportunities with new and existing customers. The BDM will also manage all current customer accounts within the Plasticlocation and shall oversee all commercial discussions of those accounts. The PSM will report directly to the Director of Sales and/or Vice President of Sales.
This high visibility sales career will require a proven injection molding sales professional. Here are a few of the most critical requirements:
* You must have technical sales experience in the injection molding industry (2 years minimum).
* You must have a thorough understanding of the injection molding process, tooling, materials, and applications.
* You must have proven, verifiable and documentable sales and customer management success.
* A two to four year college degree from an accredited university is required. Project Management experience is a plus.
* An aggressive hunter mentality that thrives on developing new business in a competitive environment.
* Ability to travel in excess of 20%
* Prospect for potential new customers by networking, cold calling, advertising, or other means of generating interest from potential plastic injection molding customers
* Secure all required information related to each opportunity and manage through the quotation process from initial quotation to project launch
* Plan and execute persuasive presentations that will convince potential customers to do business with the Company
* Screens potential business opportunities through discovery and qualifying
* Provide metrics, reports, and success criteria for assigned sales and related activities on an ongoing basis and as requested by management
* Participate in and contribute to the Sales and Marketing Team's strategic planning and goal setting process
* Develop, manage, and grow current customer accounts
* Manage activities of 3rd party independent sales representatives
* Work with mid and senior level management, marketing, operations, and technical staff
* Follow the Company's selling process, Force Management
* Ensure data is accurately entered and managed within Salesforce.com
This person is highly efficient and effective in leading others, communicating, and responding in a professional manner to potential and current customers. They are goal oriented, highly organized, and highly motivated while possessing a great attitude and desire to part of a productive sales team. There is no specific territory assigned to this role.