Plate Mounting Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Role and Responsibilities:
* Pull envelopes and file plates to match work orders. File and clean plates daily.
* Ensure press operators are not down due to not having plates or plate envelopes.
* Organized, detail-oriented, and able to accurately complete high volumes of work.
* Follow and support all established standard work and plate mounting procedures related to platemounter tasks.
* Maintain work center equipment in good working order. Perform operator preventive maintenance on equipment as outlined in plate mounting operator PM schedule. Report equipment problems. immediately and fill out work orders as necessary.
* Pull correct tooling as documented on Work Instructions.
* Examine Cylinders prior to mounting to ensure they are defect free and have good gears and bearings.
* Ensure the proper cylinder is used (hard case, A-B-C) and cylinders are of the correct tooth size & correct undercut prior to use.
* Check plates for defects prior to mounting. Inform plate making of the defect and request a new plate(s) be made.
* Mount correct quantity of plates and number of plates based off listed colors and guidelines for 4 CP, games, etc.
* Seek to improve the plate mounting process through, recommending equipment enhancement, process improvements and procedure changes. Work as a team to improve and streamline the process with each department through communication with other departments and plate mounters.
* Cross train to be proficient and able to interchangeable perform Platemaker responsibilities.
* Physical requirements include ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs. (20 lbs. repetitively), stand up to 12 hours; distinguish color, and good hand-eye coordination.
* Be available to work overtime as needed.
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Operator with flexo, rotary letterpress, and rotary silkscreen knowledge/experience preferred.
* Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10 s and 100 s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form..
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Outlook and have the ability to learn company specialized software programs..
Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. While performing the duties of the job, employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, use hands to write or type, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing environment requires hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is not regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in production departments requires hearing and foot protection.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.