Platform Engineering Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 3/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob title: Platform Engineering Lead
Location: Andover, MA
Who We Are
NaviSite is a leading provider of cloud-enabled enterprise hosting an application management services. It provides customized and scalable solutions, leveraging its industry leading hosting infrastructure; full suite of managed services; and custom and packaged application life cycle management expertise. Our customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions delivered through its global footprint, comprised of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com .
What You Will Do Platform Engineering Lead
Reporting to the Sr. Director Systems Engineering, the Platform Engineering Lead is responsible for design and implementation of the platform for shared Cloud and Managed Hosting Infrastructure to run customer environment. Platform Lead will own the escalated issue to Engineering Team related to platform through to resolution
The Platform Engineering Lead will be in charge shared platform infrastructure hosting our Cloud and Managed Hosting Customer s environment. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Expert with design and implement VMware vSphere ESXi and vCloud Director infrastructure for public and private cloud platform for running our customer environment
- Expert with Microsoft Azure Platform
- Design and implement VMware VSAN and Hyper Converged Infrastructure such as Nutanix.
- Design and implement Windows Deployment Server and RedHat Kick Start server for consistent builds across all the data centers globally.
- Design and update OS Templates (Windows and Linux) for consistent builds in our Cloud and dedicated virtualization environment
- Design and implement DNS, NTP, SysLog and SMTP infrastructure.
- Design and implement Active Directory infrastructure and managing group policies including GPOs.
- Design, Implement and support Compute Infrastructure using rack mount and blade infrastructure. Experience with Fujitsu, HP and Nutanix would be preferred.
- Design, Implement and support Storage and Fabric Infrastructure. Expertise with VSAN required. Experience with IBM XIVs, Netapp, EMC and HP Storage would be required.
- Escalated Support and troubleshooting for performance related challenges.
- Experience with Automation tool is must.
- Expertise in execution on firmware upgrade\\OS upgrades\\hardware upgrades for all platform hygiene.
- Perform changes to platform while following strict guidelines for compliance and change management.
- Communicate with customers from problem identification through problem resolution regarding technical support on escalated platform related issues
- Passion for solving complex and interesting problems that arise in support of Managed Hosting and Cloud Providers platforms used by large and complex IT customers.
- Strong storage background with demonstrated experience in administration of large Tier-1 storage arrays such as IBM XIV, EMC VNX/VMAX, Netapp and HP Storage platforms. Exposure to replication, disaster recovery and backup technologies a major plus.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Architecture best practices
- Demonstrated experience building and administering complex IT infrastructure components in support of ITIL standards, focus on highly available configuration and disaster recovery techniques.
- Strong network background Infiniband, IPMP, VLAN, TCP/IP, IPSEC methodology
- Expertise in DNS, NTP, FTP Servers , NFS, CIFS, LDAP Servers, Windows Active Directory, Secure Shell(SSH) protocols and services
- Work directly with NaviSite Customer Operation in support of technical escalation and support while rolling out new product offerings as required.
- Work closely with customer implementation teams to define and set the standards for the new builds and deployments of newly developed products.
What We Are Looking For:
10+ Years of relevant experience with excellent technical skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Work well as a team, handle independent responsibilities, knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of Compute environment. Experience with design, configuration, installation and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 (R2), LINUX (RedHat, CentOS, Debian) and VMWARE ESXi. Experience with configuration and support of Compute, Storage and Backup infrastructure platforms (HP, Fujitsu, EMC, IBM, Netapp and Quantum Tape Libraries etc.)
- Experienced in Backup Technologies such as Actifio HP Data Protector, Hypervisor based backups. Experience in Commvault Backup would be considered plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Platform.
- Experience with HP Data Protector and E-vault Backup solutions would also be considered plus
- Experience with design and implementing and managing Cloud Environments ( Public, Private, Hybrid Cloud)
- Expertise with Bind Name server (DNS) for internal and external name resolve, NTP server, FTP Servers (such as WUFTP,VSFTP,PROFTP) and LDAP servers
- Expertise with Salt Stack too would be considered plus.
- Must possess solid written and oral communication skills
- Experienced in design Virtual server environments, primarily VMware with exposure to Oracle VM (OVM) and Xen desirable.
- Experienced in Sun(Oracle), Veritas and MS Clustering Technologies
- Experienced in Solaris LVM, EXT4, VxFS, NTFS and ZFS file-systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills around UNIX/Windows file systems, tcp connectivity, networking and application integration
- UNIX and Windows OS Security best practices
- Experienced in Storage Area Network (Brocade, Cisco)
- Monitoring performance, raising concerns related to performance and resolving OS related Performance Issues by OS tuning and making hardware scaling recommendations
- Monitoring Tools such as Nagios, BMC Patrol and native SNMP Agents
- Experienced in Production support of customers running databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL) on Unix, Linux and MS Platforms
- Strong knowledge in VDI technologies such as Desktone, Citrix Desktops would be plus