Platform Industrial Project Manager 8/10/2016
Tier-1 Auto Supplier
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PLATFORM INDUSTRIAL PROJECT MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY
Kyyba is currently seeking a Platform Industrial Project Manager for a direct hire opportunity with a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier in Auburn Hills, MI. The Platform Industrial Manager is responsible for driving continuous operational improvement, optimizing the industrial footprint, and coordinating with the Platform. Industrial Platform Manager is to implement process standards across the Platform. This will be accomplished through deploying the RO Industrial Strategy:
* Optimize the industrial investments for the Platform
* Support the improvement of the site industrial indicators
* Support the industrialization of Advanced Engineering projects
* Promote the deployment of the industrial standards inside the RO.
* Champions a Safety Culture & Environmental Policy within the site(s) for the platform.
* Direct all project phases - engineering (basic and detailed), procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning/start-up.
* Track Industrial Project Timing against its schedule, budget and against phase gate review objectives, reporting status to management and customer on a regular basis, and executive staff on an as needed basis.
* Support Equipment and Tooling Pre SOCO (SOurcing COmmittee) and SOCO with NPP (Non-Plant Purchasing). (Complete Specification and Requirement File)
* Develop and implements recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated occurrences.
* Prepare periodic management and/or customer reports and presentations.
* Coach Project Team to achieve project goals.
* Participate in weekly Project Meetings in cooperation with Project Engineer and Program Manager.
* Review and verify project estimates monthly.
* Provide feedback regarding employee performance on a project team to the functional manager for record.
* Recommend new processes where needed to improve quality, cost, or on-time delivery.
* Manage and lead the Regional planning and implementation of the Platforms' Thermal Systems Industrialization through Industrial Project Timing
* Propose automation level for processes to provide optimized AV cost to Investment ratio
* Implements Capital equipment planning, selection, and procurement specifically Assembly Line concept, specification, supplier selection, build & installation with the support of Purchasing and Product Group (PG) Experts. Implements guidelines for "new vs. refurbish" decisions. Controls Committed & Recorded CapEx to Budget guidelines.
* Drives new process development and innovation for the Platform by supporting and coordinating the launch of key industrial projects regarding Machines & tooling for injection molding of both mono & bi-injection components, GMV assembly, Evaporator assembly processes including brazing of pipe joints
* Supports (as needed) of Project Validation Committee and Design reviews relating to the platform. .
* Promotes, processes standardization within the platform to make equipment re-usable and transferable.
* Ensures commonality Microsoft Office Software
* Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
* Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Fluent in English. Spanish as a secondary language is beneficial.