This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Shanahan Mechanical & Electrical, IES Commercial, Inc is taking applications for a Plumber Apprentice. Below are some job descriptions that would be necessary for this job.
* Learn the Plumbing Trade under Journeyman Plumbers.
* Support Journeymen Plumbers by performing rough-ins of plumbing systems, setting plumbing fixtures and equipment as instructed.
* Applicant must be capable of learning to interpret blueprints, Specifications and other project documents.
* Perform additional assignments per the Journeyman or Mechanical Project Managers instructions.
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach and professional manner
* Must possess the required Hand Tools on the Apprentice Tool List within the 90 day probation period.
* Bending the body at the waist, legs at the knees and extending arms and hand in any direction in a repetitive manner.
* Using upper extremities to apply or exert force and be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders a move about in constricted spaces.
* Perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with the fingertips.
* Able to effectively operate power and hand tools.
* Indoor and outdoor activities on project sites will be required in all types of weather conditions
* Limited travel may be required.
If a Safe and Healthy work environment is important to you enter your application today.
Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, background check, and drug screen, and when applicable if duties involve operating motor vehicle must be able to pass motor vehicle record check.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster | \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify