Polar Icebreaker Engineer (Subject matter Expert)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Ddl Omni Engineering LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONDDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2008 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.
DDL OMNI's Simulation and Services Division, in support of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Ship Design Team (SDT) and Surface Forces Logistics Engineering Services Division (SFLC-ESD) has a career opportunity for a Polar Icebreaker Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME). The candidate will provide engineering and technical support in studying, analyzing, and evaluating engineering problems and developing technical solutions.
Specific Functional Area Duties include:
* Using Arctic/Antarctic Engineering and Icebreaker Design expertise assess applicability of Polar design and construction standards; Support Icebreaker Technology Investigations; Perform Surveys and Assessments as needed in Icebreaker Design and Technology.
* Develop relevant technical sections of the Polar Icebreaker RFP to include Polar Technical Standards and System Specification development support, Statement of Work (SOW), and Certification Matrix development support.
* Respond to both internal program and industry comments/questions by developing technical responses in partnership with the client.
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client's Talent Network
Qualified candidates must have the ability to acquire and maintain a security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Education Required: MS in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering plus twenty-five (25) years of relevant experience in the design, acquisition and testing of polar icebreakers.
Experience and Skills Required:
* Expert in the field of marine polar technology and engineering, including design and evaluation of icebreakers, ice-strengthened ships, and offshore structures operating in the arctic and Antarctic regions.
* Experience with icebreaker hull ice load prediction, measurement, and structural design.
* Icebreaker trials and testing experience for hull and appendages including measurement system design and installation, data capture, data reduction, analysis and final reporting.
* Design and testing experience with existing USCG icebreakers, as well as International coast guard icebreakers and commercial icebreaking/ice-strengthened vessels. Subject matter expertise in Icebreaker Design and Construction Standards and Icebreaking aspects of vessel Hull Form, Structures, Powering and Resistance, and Propulsion.
* Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated experience with shipbuilding acquisitions.
* Minimum of one (1) year demonstrated experience supporting a major system acquisition program (DHS/USCG Level I, DoD ACAT I or equivalent).
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking Apply Online below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.