Port Planner/Civil Engineer - Coast & Harbors
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Mott MacDonald (HMM), offers an opportunity to have a career with the premier employer in the coastal, port, and harbor engineering industry. MM is a full-service engineering company focusing on the protection and restoration of coastlines, the development of port and harbor infrastructure, and navigation related projects.
MM is currently looking for a Port Planner/Civil Engineer for our New York City office.
Typical projects include planning and design of commercial marine terminals, marinas, navigation channels and waterways, civil engineering of port facilities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Perform engineering analysis and design with a focus on ports and maritime infrastructure of recreational, commercial, and industrial facilities, including container terminal layout and upland civil design management.
* Coordinate work of terminal simulation in-house team and outside vendors as need.
* Project Management overseeing analysis, preliminary, and detailed design of ports and maritime facilities
* Develop plans, specifications, and construction documents
* Develop technical reports and provide senior level review of technical work products
* Participate in site visit of short duration to project sites in the U.S. and internationally
* Preparation of proposals and scopes of work
* Business Development assistance
Candidate Specification Job Requirements:
* Bachelor s degree in Ocean, Civil, and/or Structural Engineering or related field
* Professional Engineer, preferably registered in NY or NJ
* Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
* Ability to develop plans and specifications for construction projects
* Ability to interface with clients
* Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
* Working experience within multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
* Ability to legally work in the United States
* Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce project related documents
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Post-graduate degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Through understanding of commercial terminal operations and layout, including cargo handling equipment
* Knowledge of terminal capacity analysis
* Proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams in the preparation of contract documents for commercial terminal developments
* Knowledge of marine structures such as bulkhead, marina floats, piers, and boat ramps
* Must have, or be able to obtain a TWIC
* Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills
Flexibility to travel regionally and internationally
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals