Port Terminal Crane Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGlobal reach. Local results.
Ports America is proud to be the largest terminal operator and stevedore in the United States, operating in more than 42 ports and 80 locations.
We provide clients with a distinct competitive advantage, combining the flexibility of global connection with the efficiency of local expertise. We are dedicated to customer satisfaction, consistently delivering measurable results. And our commitment to safety in the workplace is second to none.
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
* Conforms to all safety rules and regulations
* Reads electrical schematic diagrams, service manuals, analyzes & investigates electrical faults.
* Familiarity of safety requirements with working around voltage up to 13kV
* Determine cause of failure of electrical/electronic components of crane equipment
* Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and/or electrical/electronic repairs of STS Cranes and Mobile Cranes are maintained in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality work and longevity of equipment
* Carries out electrical/electronic maintenance and repair service for all crane equipment Disassembles units and inspects equipment
* Provides maintenance and repair services for container handling gantry cranes and Mobile Cranes.
* Submits routine and critical inspection and monitoring reports, ensuring all paperwork is accurate and up-to-date
* Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment
* Provides daily activity report, and other written reports on equipment, as needed, with accuracy and completeness
* The key impact of these incumbents will be the maintenance of operational efficiencies in the terminal to ensure availability of equipment required for the execution of day to day operational activities
* Requires ability to work at heights over 150' on a day to day basis
* Requires ability to work in sometimes awkward positions
* Ability to climb crane ladders and staircases
* Ability to lift tools and equipment up to 60lbs
* Work may be performed in all weather conditions.
* The ability to work in an environment that may be hazardous to persons unable to see and hear fast moving equipment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
* Training in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries.
* Requires at least Two Years of experience in crane or industrial maintenance in any port, mines, steel and manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of electrical/electronic and related subjects.
* Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major electrical/electronic parts such as PLC drive control system, communication drive system, at a high level of difficulty and complexity
* Requires an in-depth ability to interpret electrical/electronic diagram, simple engineering drawings, layouts and specifications.
* Requires general familiarity with instrumentation and communications systems, and a familiarity with control systems.
* Requires general knowledge and background in technical applications of digital and analogue electronics
* Requires general knowledge and background in mechanical and hydraulic systems.
* Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs with quality workmanship and service.
* Requires the ability to learn fast.
* Valid Driver's License.
Ports America is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex (including pregnancy); sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; genetic information, citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled