Portfolio Manager - (Horsham, PA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONQSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Portfolio Manager (Horsham, PA)
The role of the Portfolio Manager within the Research & Development Operational Excellence team is to plan, execute, and finalize the Portfolio related documentation in preparation for the Portfolio Management Board reviews. This Portfolio Manager will work with project teams in coordinating all necessary deliverables in preparation of such meetings. In addition, the Portfolio Manager will work with Solutions and others to develop and maintain the Portfolio roadmaps based on capacity, budget and organizational needs. The Portfolio Manager will also work on special projects where needed serving as a Senior Project Manager on non-Product Related R&D initiatives. In this case, the Portfolio Manager will be responsible for executive reporting. The Program Manager will create the project schedule and monitor the progress towards plan of all related teams.
* Effectively communicate/collaborate with project teams/stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
* Plan and schedule Portfolio timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Determine the frequency and content of status reports, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
* Develop best practices and tools for program execution and management.
* Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
* Where required, negotiate with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
* Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during program cycle.
* Develop full-scale Portfolio plans and associated communications documents.
* Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
* Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the program/project teams where needed
* Identify Portfolio Dependencies
* Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
* Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
* Minimum 7 years of progressive PMO leadership experience within a SW development/product environment.
* Thorough knowledge of project management and SDLC (structured and Agile) methodologies.
* Proven track record of successfully managing projects to completion.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office suite, experience with QC, Jira and other ALM tools.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline from an accredited university
* Program and Portfolio Management Experience
* MS and/or MBA
* Project Management Profession (PMP)
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.