Portland Comms: Full Time Dispatcher - Controller 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 91307
Job Title: Dispatcher - Controller 2 Location: Portland, OR Req #: 91307 Reports To: Director of Communications Department: Communications Company: AMR-W Base Pay: Employee Type: Full Time Contact Name: Justin Shusterman Contact Number: Contact Email:
The American Medical Response Communications Center in Portland, Oregon provides dispatch support for ambulance operations in Multnomah County, Clackamas County, Josephine County, Clark County and Cowlitz County in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. The Communications Center is an Accredited Center of Excellence with the International Association of Emergency Dispatch. The Communications Center is also the call center for Ride To Care, the stretcher transportation brokerage for Medicaid members in the Portland metropolitan area. We are seeking dispatch team members that place a high regard on customer service and dispatch excellence. Our center is staffed with full time and part time personnel. Our staff is responsible for answering incoming emergency and non-emergency calls using Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) triage procedures, assigning those calls to appropriate field units and directing units to the proper location to manage the System Status plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ability to multi task, maintaining professionalism, good customer service and accuracy in call taking and dispatching.
* Performs all duties and functions of the Communications Department, including Call Taker.
* Demonstrates ability to type 45 words per minute.
* Good Customer Service skills required in answering the telephone courteously and professionally with proper usage of salutation.
* Processing of Emergent/Non emergent calls with according to EMD policy.
* Enter accurate data into the CAD system while demonstrating compliance with EMD processing guidelines required by the International Academy of Emergency Dispatchers
* Controls radio traffic, demonstrates a positive radio voice and dispatches waiting calls within 30 seconds and demonstrates a positive radio voice.
* Demonstrates working knowledge of CAD codes and function.
* Manages System Status Plan and uses available units promptly to maintain the plan.
* Demonstrates Emergency Medical Dispatch card and triage guideline compliance with 100% reliability.
* Must be a team player, demonstrating the ability to interact cooperatively with peers, supervisor, and other company personnel.
* Demonstrates thorough geographic knowledge of all service areas
* Other duties as defined by the formal job description
Must be able to type 45 words per minute after errors.
* Must be able to successfully pass Criticall
* Must be able to successfully pass psychological exam
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, ability to work independently and as a team member.
Ability to use discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas.
Ability to read, interprets, and follow instructions on memos, letters and various documents.
Regular and predictable attendance.
Knowledge of CAD procedures and techniques.
Thorough geographic knowledge of service area.
High school diploma or GED
EMT Certification or medical experience preferred.
Medical Priorities Dispatch System EMD certification required within 3 months of hire.
EMSC is proud to be an AA/EEO Employer