Post - Closing Quality Control Pre - Auditor 8/23/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT TENA:
Established in 1982 in Saint Paul, MN TENA has been the nationwide leader in Mortgage Quality Control, providing a range of dependable, reliable, and cost-effective mortgage outsourcing solutions such as pre-funding, post-closing, servicing, and fraud audits. TENA developed innovative Secondlook software which is used by more QC professionals than all other audit applications combined.
JOB POSITION OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE:
Working under the direct supervision of a Post-ClosingQuality Control Audit Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing accurate and timely pre-audit services for a variety of audit clients. This consists of pre-auditing various loan types including, but not limited to FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, RHS, and Conventional mortgage transactions. After completing an initial training period, each pre-auditor is expected to meet or exceed quality and quantity standards established by TENA management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter information into SecondLook and bookmark information within the imaged file that is pertinent to the reverification function.
- Identify, set-up, and bookmark all applicable documents within a mortgage file to be re-verified with third parties.
- Maintain a quantity and quality of output that meets or exceeds the established standards of TENA
- Using proper language and grammar, clearly describe in writing the relevant circumstances found within the loan file in the form of exceptions and observations.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED: A four-year, business-related degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in processing, originating, underwriting, or closing of mortgage loans.
ACCEPTABLE: A four-year, non-business-related degree or equivalent experience in processing, originating, underwriting, or closing mortgage loans.
REQUIRED: Successful completion of any, and all, required training classes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES NECESSARY TO SUCCEED:
- A basic understanding of, and interest in, real estate finance and auditing.
- A willingness, interest and capacity to learn about the mortgage industry and quality control initially and on a continuing basis.
- A basic understanding of and abilities related to the usage of technology such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and similar programs.
- Ability to quickly learn new programs and technologies.
- Ability to understand and present complex subject matter in understandable terms, both in writing and verbally.
- Self-motivation, with a proven ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to prioritize and complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos written in English.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, use whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle paper, and to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WHY WORK WITH US
TENA offers a valuable opportunity for professionals with experience in mortgage industry. TENA provides competitive pay, along with paid vacations, sick time accruals, health and dental insurance, life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, a 401K with company match, flexible start times, business casual dress, free parking, and a quiet and relaxed work environment. More importantly, our atmosphere allows our employees to strengthen their skills, while being part of a company that is setting the standards in quality control. To make sure our employees have the tools and training necessary to enrich their desired knowledge and skill levels in their career, TENA provides in-house employee /training and development programs.
TENA is also proud to give back to our community. Below are a few of the charities that TENA donates to each year.
* Military Heroes Foundation
* Habitat for Humanity
* Neighborhood House
PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER