Postdoctoral Fellow Hui lab -Multimodal Imaging and Research
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Postdoctoral Fellow \- Hui lab \-Multimodal Imaging and Research Department:
Radiation Oncology - - - # Description Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
* Postdoctoral Fellow \- Multimodal Imaging and Radiation Research \- Hui lab
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
* We are looking for a highly motivated and well organized research associate for multimodal imaging and radiation research projects \(e\.g\. total marrow irradiation, image guided targeted therapy\) within the Depart of Radiation Oncology \(Hui laboratory\), Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope\. This is a part of the NIH \(National Institute of Health\) funded research for developing total marrow irradiation program\. The successful candidate will participate investigating pre\-clinical and clinical multimodal imaging \(PET/CT; Optical imaging \(confocal and Intravital\); MRI image imaging\) and general radiation research though various multi\-disciplinary and translational approaches in pre\-clinical and clinical studies\. With strong support from the department chair \(Dr\. Jeffrey Wong\), one of the main goal is to foster translational and correlative studies to bridge basic science and clinical trials\. Contacts:
Susanta K Hui, PhD, DABR Professor,Radiation Oncology Beckman Research Institute City of Hope 1500 E Duarte Rd, CA 91010 Email:
Independently conduct multi step experiments \(70%\):
+ Multimodal mouse imaging study and image analysis:
micro\-PET/CT, Optical imaging \(e\.g\. Intravital imaging\)for targeted radiation and bone marrow transplant\. + Multimodal human imaging study and image analysis:
Dynamic PET imaging, Dual energy CT scans, MRIImage deformation and adaptive radiotherapy\. + Confer with Principal Investigator to plan, execute, oversee, and manage timelines of experiments\. Method development \(20%\)\. + Review literature for relevant information\. + Optimize existing procedures and develop new procedures\. + Evaluate effectiveness of techniques and technologies, assess progress, and present results to PI\. Documentation \(10%\):
+ Accurately document experiments to ensure that work can be replicated by others\. + Collect, analyze, compile, interpret and evaluate research results and report progress to PI\. + Prepare graphical or tabular representation of results for papers and grant proposals\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + PhD in physics, preferably imaging, medical physics\. + Experience with pre\-clinical and clinical imaging modalities\. + Programming experience, image analysis\. + Demonstrated experience generating graphs, charts, tables, figures, and graphics for presentation\. Preferred Qualifications:
+ Experience with either PET/CT \(clinical\) and/or microPET/CT \(animal\) imaging + Experience with Optical imaging \(Intravital\) + Radiotherapy Other desired qualifications/interest:
knowledge on MRI image analysis\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .