Postdoctoral Fellow Hui lab Radiation and Bone Marrow Transplant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Postdoctoral Fellow \- Hui lab \- Radiation and Bone Marrow Transplant Department:
Radiation Oncology - - - # Description Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
* Postdoctoral Fellow \- Radiation and Bone Marrow Transplant \- Hui lab
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* We are looking for a highly motivated and well organized Postdoctoral Fellow or Staff Scientist to become an integral part of radiation and bone marrow transplant projects \(e\.g\. Total marrow irradiation \(TMI\), image guided targeted therapy\) within the Depart of Radiation Oncology \(Hui laboratory\), Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope\. This is a part of the NIH \(National Institute of Health\) funded research for developing the total marrow irradiation for bone marrow transplant\. The successful candidate will participate investigating the biology of bone marrow transplant, marrow damage and repair process, physical biology of leukemia and other cancer, functional imaging, bone marrow microenvironment, and general radiation research though various multi\-disciplinary and translational approaches in pre\-clinical and clinical studies\. With strong support from the department, one of the main goals is to foster translational and correlative studies to bridge basic science and clinical trials\.*
* REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS \(MUST be mentioned on application/resume\):
* 99. PhD in biology\. 99. Experience in mouse bone marrow transplant \(BMT\) and engraftment studies\. 99. Experience with any of the animal cancer models:
leukemia/myeloma, bone metastasis \(from breast/prostate cancer\), 99. Experience in multicolor flow cytometry, RNA, DNA isolation and preparation, QRT\-PCR, Elisa assay, Western blot\. 99. In vitro cell culture:
leukemia, myeloma, human and mouse stem cells 99. Radiation studies*
* Other qualifications/interest:
* 99. Immune modulation 99. Graft vs host disease \(GVHD\) Contacts:*
* Susanta K Hui, PhD, DABR
* Professor,Radiation Oncology Beckman Research Institute City of Hope 1500 E Duarte Rd, CA 91010 Email:
shui@coh\.org Employment type:
Full\-time ### Experience:
1\-6 years of experience in the field ### Job function:
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .