Postdoctoral Fellow Narayan lab Molecular Immunology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 3/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Postdoctoral Fellow \- Narayan lab \- Molecular Immunology Department:
Immunology\-BRI - - - # Description Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
* Postdoctoral Fellow \- Molecular Immunology
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
* The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for a talented Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational Biology/Chemistry:
This project involves application of computational methods to develop thermostable mutant G\-protein coupled receptors for crystallization\. The job will entail developing computational methods to predict thermostable mutants that will stabilize a protein in a conformation of choice that can be used for drug design\. This is a NIH funded project with international collaborations\. The successful applicants will also have an opportunity to participate in multidisciplinary research environment\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* + A Ph\.D\. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline is required\. + Successful applicants should be experienced in protein structures and dynamics studies, and also drug design\. + Familiarity with MD methods and writing computer codes is preferred\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .