Postdoctoral Fellows ndash Stem Cell Biology Research Shi lab
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Postdoctoral Fellows - Stem Cell Biology Research \(Shi lab\) Department:
Develpmnti\-Stem Cell Bio\-BRI - - - # Description Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
* Postdoctoral Fellows - Stem Cell Biology Research \(Shi lab\)
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* We are looking for highly motivated and highly productive postdoctoral fellows for stem cell research projects within the Division of Stem Cell Biology Research \(Shi laboratory\)\. These fellows will work on aspects including human induced pluripotent stem cell \(iPSC\) derivation, CRISPR/Cas9\-mediated genetic correction, neural differentiation of human iPSCs, cell transplantation into relevant mouse models, and characterizing transplanted mice using biochemical, immunohistochemistry, and behavioral tests\. Fellows are expected to prepare quarterly progress reports to CIRM relative to the CIRM Award, prepare high quality manuscripts for publication, and prepare relevant postdoctoral fellowship and grant applications\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Position requires advanced degree \(Ph\.D\., M\.D\. & Ph\.D\., or equivalent\) in biomedical research with excellent written and verbal communication skills\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .