Power and Boiler Manager 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POWER AND BOILER MANAGER - LESS THAN 40 MILES FROM DOWNTOWN JACKSON, MS
Our client is looking for a talented and experience power and utilities superintendent to join the team now. This position is an urgent need for the company and any qualified candidate will receive a quick response and interview process. The company is stable, profitable, and rapidly growing through 2017. The client will provide full relocation, excellent benefits, annual bonus, quick upward mobility for any high performing candidate, and a high competitive base salary. The plant is located near the desirable location of Charlotte, NC.
The Pulp Power & Recovery Boiler Manager will provide leadership and development of the recovery and utilities, and safety departments. The Manager will motivate, develop, and coach the operations and supervisors to improve their skills and productivity.
Selected candidate will be responsible for leading their team in successfully day to day operation of the Power Boilers, Recovery Boilers, Evaporators, Turbines, Effluent System, Raw Water Treatment, Mill Utilities, Pulp Mill, Power & Recovery, and Kiln/Caustic areas. The selected candidate will also have overall responsibility for successful area maintenance outages.
* Direct supervision of over 20-50 employees.
* Experience with Recovery Boilers, Power Boilers, Evaporators, and Utilities
* Responsible for managing the operation and maintenance budgets for the Pulp, Power, & Recovery departments.
* Provide 1:1's, mentoring, and career development for direct reports.
* Develop and sustain engagement in departments.
* Lead safety initiatives and ensure initiative sustainability.
* Department's safety record.
* Department's environmental compliance.
* Provide continuity between departments.
* Overall responsibility of department's adherence to corporate policies.
* Set expectation for meeting and exceeding established production and quality goals.
* Conduct audits to ensure compliance with expectations.
* Support the MWS (Maintenance Work System) teams in the departments.
* Lead the effort in process optimization and optimization sustainability.
* BS in Electrical Engineering or relevant technical degree. Client will consider non-degreed candidates but preference will be made to those with a degree.
* Over 5 years of experience working in a chemicals, military, packaging, paper mill, pulp mill, container board mill, tissue mill, plastics (finished products), or any paper product is highly preferred. For the right candidate we will look at any manufacturing experience.
* Very stable job history is mandatory.
* Must have experience managing people.
* Excellent communication and leadership skills are required.