Powertrain Engine Calibration Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
* Perform calibration verification tasks and provide summarized testing results utilizing Powertrain development tools set, Excel and or Matlab scripts. On-road data collection in support of required development data population sets.
* Conduct verification testing to ensure diagnostic calibration and software meet functional objectives -- this may be a combination of vehicle and HIL testing and is comprised of inducing and removing faults to ensure MIL illumination / MIL clearing is compliant and operates as expected Procurement and evaluation of limit parts from hardware design organizations for robustness testing.
* Perform transmission adaptation learning, transmission fault clearing.
* Update development fleet of vehicles through various pre-production hardware and software upgrades.
* Utilize CDA tool and associated tools to complete vehicle scan reports of all modules.
* Coordinate vehicles through emission rolls testing including flashing engine and transmission controllers.
* Coordinate vehicle build-up and tear-down work orders.
* Coordinate instrumentation allocations.
* Support vehicle product launch at assembly plant as engine system representative
* Support vehicle field issues on as needed basis to collect data on customer vehicles to determine problem resolution.
* BSME, BSMET,BSEE, BSEET, BS CS, BS CST or equivalent from an ABET Accredited University.
* Understanding of engine and transmission fundamentals.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* 6 months of experience in Powertrain Systems Calibration Development, OBD calibration or transmission calibration.
* 6 month ETAS INCA Tool Experience or equivalent data acquisition experience.
* 1 yr experience with MATLAB / SIMULINK in controls environment.
* Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
* Will be required to drive a company car.
* Valid driver s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.