Powertrain Fleet OBD Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center
Superior Township, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc.(HATCI) is currently looking for a Powertrain-Fleet OBD Analyst at our Superior Township, MI Research & Development facility that will:
* Oversee Powertrain OBD fleet activities; assist in the development of On Board Diagnostics Calibration & Strategies ensuring full compliance with regulations
* Basic knowledge of OBD Legal Requirements for mass production application (CARB, EPA, EURO)
* Understands the fundaments of the Internal Combustion Engine, Sensors, and Actuators operation
* Monitors powertrain fleet vehicles for but not limited to:
* Verifies OBD functionality assessing its ability to meet all OBD requirements
* Verifies new technologies functionality assessing its ability to meet all requirements
* Robustness against Component & Environmental Conditions expected variations (Avoid False MILs)
* Trends / Root cause analysis / Corrective actions
* Track and monitor Powertrain fleet vehicles for nonconformance
* Interpret & Analyze On Board Diagnostics Systems Logic.
* Understands main Engine Management Functions
* Verify proper operation of OBD Algorithms & Software
* Procure Tools and Components necessary to create appropriate test conditions
* Research vendors, obtain quotes, create Purchase Requisition and follow Purchasing procedures.
* Hot & Cold and High Low Altitudes, within the Compliance ranges
* Limit Parts Tolerance
* Ability to apply Statistical tools when appropriate for better data analysis
* Assist in the analysis of field issues. Propose suitable solutions when appropriate / necessary
* Assist in planning and monitoring of fleet budget
* Fleet vehicle section and scrapping
* Fleet vehicle instrumentation
* Create and present technical reports
* Perform administrative functions such as purchasing requests, timecard, vacation requests, travel requests, etc.
* Travel Domestically & Internationally 10%
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* Bachelors in Engineering
* Valid Drivers License and Satisfactory Driving Record
* Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor