Practical Nursing Faculty
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide classroom and/or clinical instruction including lectures, lab, simulation sessions, testing, attendance, and communication with students, classroom and clinical safety, security, and discipline.
* Obtain the patient/student assignments prior to the beginning of the clinical assignment.
* Provide classroom and/or clinical instruction, laboratory sessions, clinical site discipline, safety and security following policies and procedures of each clinical site.
* Recommends revisions and updates for the University Catalog.
* Demonstrates evidence-based teaching.
* Assess each patient assigned to the student.
* Conduct pre- and post-clinical conferences each clinical day.
* Prepare weekly clinical student evaluations. Review in a timely manner.
* Ensure the quantity and quality of supplies and equipment are maintained in optimal condition for instruction.
* Maintain current standards of practice in all courses taught.
* Provide evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of course and program outcomes.
* Use evidence-based teaching methods.
* Prepare and utilize approved lesson plans.
* Clinical faculty function under the supervision of the nursing faculty member who has overall course responsibility.
* Be free of additional employment responsibilities during the hours in which charged with the education and supervision of students.
* Participate in academic advisement and counseling of students.
* Prepare student progress reports, enter grades, and maintain confidentiality.
* Participate at graduation and pinning ceremonies.
* Approach teaching and learning from a coaching-mentoring paradigm where nonpunitive feedback is encouraged.
* Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness.
* Develop, implement, and evaluate the mission, philosophy, program objectives, program outcomes, course outcomes, and systematic evaluation plan on a regular basis.
* Design, implement, teach, evaluate and revise the curriculum.
* Develop, participate, and evaluate student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies.
* Provide input to the annual budget and expenditures.
* Provide administrative support as requested.
* Maintain and uphold the policies and procedures of the program.
* Document actions taken in faculty and committee meetings.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Contribute toward professional growth through workshops, conferences, cross-training, faculty meetings, professional memberships, maintaining certifications and licensure.
* Coordinate and/or participate in special projects as required.
* All faculty must hold a current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in
* A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. A Master of Nursing degree is preferred.
* Individual must have a minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered or advanced practice nurse.
* Prior teaching experience preferred.
* Current AHA CPR certification for clinical faculty.
* Strong academic and professional record
* Strong active-learning skills for effective instruction
* Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment
* The highest levels of integrity at all times
* Orientation toward results
* Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.