Practice Assistant (Office Assistant)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Reports to (one of the following): Practice Manager or Ambulatory Practice Coordinator with input from assigned physician, nurses or other health care providers. Responsible for delivering the highest quality service to patients while contributing to the smooth functioning of practice operations.
* Greets patients and visitors in a manner that demonstrates courtesy, service, respect and privacy. Serves as a central communication source in the delivery of patient care by being responsive, accessible and visible. Provides accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that needs have been met.
* Performs check in, registration, scheduling, verification of demographic information and fiscal data utilizing a computer system. Collects co-payments following standards for managing copayment processing. Schedules, reschedules and cancels appointments making every effort to accommodate patient and provider needs. Obtains and enters referrals.
* Other responsibilities will vary by practice and may include, but are not limited to: Check out, Schedules necessary follow-up appointments., Provides patient with any relevant educational materials as indicated, Visit ticket entry, Medical Records preparation.
* Maintains clean and welcoming physical environment of the reception area. Maintains signage and clarity of information displayed in reception area. Monitors audio or visual images for appropriate programming and volume levels to ensure a non-intrusive and calming environment. Contacts the appropriate departments when repairs or services are needed and follows through on these tasks.
* Monitors and supports patients and visitors entering and leaving the practice. Facilitates timely flow and proactively solves flow issues (i.e., early or late patient, late provider, etc.). Acts as liaison between patient and practice staff to ensure optimal flow and service delivery. Acts as liaison between patient and other areas to ensure optimal flow and service delivery.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Certificate 1 Medical Admin Assistant Cert preferred.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* One year experience in a healthcare or service/hospitality environment.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
HOURS = Part-Time (Benefits) Monday: 7:45am-1:00pm, Tuesday: 7:45am-1:00pm, Wednesday: 12:00pm-5:00pm, Friday: 7:45am-1:00pm.
Primary responsibility will include medical records management, such as filing and faxing.
BIDHC-Brookline-Bowman is a solo Brookline primary care physician (PCP) practice offering comprehensive, highly-personalized care in a convenient setting. Close to the MBTA's Green Line.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf