This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Manages the daily administrative and clinical practice operations with commitment to providing the highest quality of service to patients in a hospital-based, community-based, or private-based ambulatory care practice. Provides oversight, management and training in all areas of day to day practice operations and resource utilization.
* Participates in planning and implementation of department and division goals, programs and objectives, personnel, resources and equipment. Implements the approved business plan that identifies strategies, objectives, timetables, expected outcome and measures for assigned areas of responsibility. Updates plan to reflect challenges and opportunities in the marketplace and BIDMC's overall direction.
* Organizes, manages and coordinates all operational and administrative processes. Manages support staff; organizes and oversees work schedules and assignments to meet operational needs. Develops and implements procedures to ensure efficient processing of work including time of service co-payment collection, referral management, pre-registration, and visit ticket entry.
* Works actively as a 'hands on' manager in the clinic areas. Coordinates care delivery, patient flow and clinic check out/discharge activities. Oversees patient scheduling, registration and billing processes according to protocol. Coordinates and ensures skill development and training for all staff.
* Implements relevant information systems such as managed care and patient appointments and ensures accuracy of data. Provides feedback regarding systems and process changes and improvements. Leads projects that support ambulatory service standards and improvements such as access, telephone system functionality and patient / physician satisfaction.
* Oversees physician visits and nurse treatments. Monitors providers' schedules (MDs, NPs, social workers, etc.) to ensure appropriate staff is present and a reasonable number of patients are scheduled in order to facilitate timely patient care. Assists providers and staff and ensures availability of supplies. Ensures accuracy of patient related activities, services and lab tests.
* Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 1-5
* Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
* Five years experience in hospital and ambulatory clinic operations.
* Excellent analytical skills, knowledge of medical terminology, business and financial systems.
* Solid organizational, initiative, and innovation skills. Ability to respond quickly and purposefully to routine and unusual situations.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Demonstrated interest and experience in process improvement and leadership development.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf