Practice Manager I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Manages the daily administrative and clinical practice operations with commitment to providing the highest quality of service to patients in an ambulatory care practice. Provides oversight and training in all areas of day to day practice operations and resource utilization.
* Participates in planning and implementation of practice goals, programs and objectives, personnel, resources and equipment. Implements the approved business plan that identifies strategies, objectives, timetables, expected outcome and measures for assigned areas of responsibility. Updates plan to reflect challenges and opportunities in the marketplace and BIDHC's overall direction.
* Organizes, manages and coordinates all operational and administrative processes. Manages support staff; organizes and oversees work schedules and assignments to meet operational needs. Develops and implements procedures to ensure efficient processing of work including time of service co-payment collection, referral management and pre-registration.
* Makes decisions concerning hiring, corrective action and personnel matters as appropriate. Responsible for development of office orientation procedures and protocols and maintaining compliance with APG policies and procedures.
* Coordinates care delivery, patient flow and clinic check out/discharge activities. Oversees patient scheduling, registration and billing processes according to protocol. Coordinates and ensures skill development and training for all staff.
* Monitors provider's (MDs, NPs, etc.) schedules to ensure that appropriate staff is present and a reasonable amount of patients scheduled, in order to best facilitate care for the patients in a timely manner. Works closely with the Medical Director to provide a team approach to problem solving and work efficiency for all.
* Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports: None
* Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 1-3 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
BIDHC-Needham, established in 2004, is a highly accessible, comfortable and personable primary care practice. Our community health center is located just two blocks from Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Needham.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf