Clinic Operations Manager - SOM Ob/Gyn-Fertility (AMBUL ADMSTN SUPV 2) 9/2/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Clinic Operations Manager - SOM Ob/Gyn-Fertility (AMBUL ADMSTN SUPV 2)
40 ; 100%
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The UCSF Obstetrics/Gynecology Health Center is recognized internationally for its expertise in providing comprehensive, specialized care for women's health issues. In fact, we are the only nationally designated Center of Excellence in Women's Health in Northern California. We are also recognized as one of the top hospitals in the nation for gynecological care.
Our staff recognizes that women's bodies differ from men's in many subtle ways beyond the obvious reproductive organs. We believe our patients have a right to compassionate, high quality care that is both comprehensive and convenient. Our doctors and staff are prepared to address your health needs from adolescence to menopause and beyond.
Under the general supervision of the Practice Administrator, the Practice Manager organizes, coordinates, and assigns duties to the appropriate staff members that will provide complete patient satisfaction with the medical practices medical care. The Practice Manager will work independently and have primary responsibility for the supervision of assigned administrative and clerical staff. The Practice Manager will be responsible for the smooth operation of assigned responsibilities.
The Practice Manager is to effectively handle day to day details of the work flow, patient satisfaction and practitioner satisfaction, seeking advice and consent from the Practice Administrator in developing new innovations that will promote the medical practice and ensure that the practice is able to meet the challenging demands of the patient population served. The Practice Manager will be responsible for supervising the assigned operational, human resource, administrative and business operations of the CRH Practice.
Adherence to the principles of Service Excellence and the philosophy and mission of CRH and UCSF Medical Center in all aspects of the job performance is implicit to the role of Practice Manager.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
* Two to five years related healthcare management experience
* Bachelor's degree
* Knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to this position including:
* Current and broad knowledge of issues and trends that will affect the future of physician practices and ambulatory care services; proven supervisory and staff development of technical and clerical staff; literate in computer programs such as Excel, Power Point, knowledgeable of financial principles and practices necessary in an ambulatory environment; knowledge of regulatory standards for outpatient settings
* Good working knowledge of EMRs and IT infrastructure
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Master s degree in healthcare administration or related field
* Professional experience in women s and reproductive health single-specialty or multi-specialty medical practice management
* UCSF Medical Center professional experience
* Experience with Epic software (APeX) charge capture, patient registration, and appointment scheduling (Cadence)
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page