Practice Supervisor - Cancer Center-Shared Services (ANL 4 SUPV)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
University of California - San Francisco Medical Centers
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Practice Supervisor - Cancer Center-Shared Services (ANL 4 SUPV)
40 ; 100%
Cancer Cntr-Shared Svcs
This classification is not represented by a union
Our legacy of unsurpassed patient care and unceasing mission to integrate high-tech medical research with clinical operations has led to our prestigious standing as one of the top 10 hospitals in the nation according to U.S. News & World Report. As a premier health care institution dedicated to advancing health worldwide, UCSF Medical Center can also be the best place to advance and shape your career.
The medical center's employees are one of the most important reasons why we are recognized as one of the nation's best hospitals. To work at UCSF Medical Center is to be part of an institution that provides the highest caliber of care to patients; a nurturing, dynamic and team-oriented atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations, and the Practice Manager, the Practice Supervisor will work independently and have primary responsibility for the supervision of administrative/clerical staff.
The Practice Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the operational, human resource, administrative and business functions of the front office AA III staff working at both the reception and check out desks at the Mission Bay campus located on the 4th floor as well as the 1st floor in Radiation Oncology. This includes the following practices: Uro Surg Onc, Colorectal Surgery, Center for Pelvic Physiology, GYN Onc, Head & Neck Surgery, GI Surgery, GI Oncology GU Oncology, Orthopaedics Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Sarcoma, and Surgical Wellness. The Practice Supervisor will also be responsible for ensuring all new practice assistants / reception staff under their supervisor who are hired into these positions complete all required competencies and training within specified time frames.
The Practice Supervisor must have the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and work well with staff, patients and providers. A high degree of independence, initiative, assertiveness, and diplomacy are necessary in dealing with faculty, staff and patients in a complex environment. There are approximately 60 providers (MD and NPs) who care for both cancer and non-cancer patients at the Mission Bay Practice.
In addition to supervising and managing the front desk teams, the supervisor will also have direct oversight and management of the Administrative staff Float Pool for the Cancer Center at Mission Bay.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
* 3-5 years overall experience in related field with 1-2 years of supervisory responsibilities
* BA/BS in related field or equivalent education and experience
* Excellent verbal and demonstrated written communication skills
* Proficiency in MS office products
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
* Previous experience in medical office registration, scheduling and, or, billing
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Return to Previous Page