Prado Chef de Cuisine
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Paradise Valley, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Coordinate and ensure the smooth and efficient flow of the culinary operations in Prado Restaurant Kitchen. Maintain and enhance the food products through a creative menu development and presentation.
Actively interact with guests at tables
* Conduct daily shift briefings to Prado kitchen colleagues
* Have a good understanding of inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing supplies and equipment for food production, reports and costs menus
* Promote a Fun/ Professional and Disciplined work environment
* Lead by example using Omni s Service Culture
* Support/Coach/Lead & motivate Prado kitchen associates
* Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in meetings
* Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits
* Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
* Ensure proper weekly & annual vacation scheduling of all kitchen colleagues while maintaining the Resort s quality standards
* Promote Health and Safety at all times
* Ensure proper hygiene
* Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
* Complete monthly one on one s, & annual reviews as scheduled
* Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in chillers and dry storage.
* Minimize wastage/ spoilage
* Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues
* Liaison daily with Outlet Managers to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
* Maintain & improve all food preparations & presentations
* Strive to achieve and surpass Medallia Scores
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1-2 years restaurant management experience in a full service outlet or similar setting. Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
* Moving about the outlet(s)
* Handling objects, products
* Bending, stooping, kneeling
* Minimum 2 years of Sous Chef experience
* Previous experience in a 4 Diamond luxury resort environment
* Proven track record of cost control including food, equipments, labor and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel s financial goals.
Enthusiastic, outgoing personality who is very guest driven
Demonstrates real passion for menu planning and leadership
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
* Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, interpreting results, and giving and receiving instructions.
* Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
* Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
* Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Tools and Equipment:
* Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dishware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives
* Oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: