Pre-Billing Clinician- Indianapolis, IN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Pre-Billing Clinician Reports To: Pre-Billing Supervisor
Department: Pre-Billing Location: Indianapolis, IN
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Pre-Billing Clinician provides clinical support surrounding out-of-hospital patient care documentation including advice regarding the appropriate level of service usage by Dispatch, review of clinical documentation in patient care records, and feedback to CES and crewmembers about clinical documentation and the patient care supported by such documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with Dispatch to provide guidance surrounding non-emergency transports and the paperwork or authorizations needed prior to sending a unit to pick up the patient.
* Manage the Repetitive Patient process as directed by Pre-Billing Supervisor.
* Work with Dispatch to ensure adequate and appropriate levels of service are dispatched for non-emergency ambulance transports and other requests for service.
* Review trailing documents such as the hospital facesheet, EKG strips, PCS form, etc. for appropriate inclusion in the patient care report as well as completeness and accuracy.
* Receive real-time notification of high liability clinical areas of concern such as cardiac arrests, missed intubations, cricothyrotomies, etc. to ensure timely review of documentation and provide feedback to crew and/or CES as needed.
* Process customer complaints quickly by receiving, investigating, redirecting or, resolving the issue.
* Provide clinical feedback to crews and/or CES that elevates the clinical base knowledge of care rendered by crewmembers including identification of clinically strong documentation, failure to treat patients according to protocol, lack of clinical viewpoint, weak clinical skills, and substandard documentation.
* Convey an attitude of intolerance for unprofessional behavior.
* Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with AMR professionals (e.g., Operations, PBS, Business Development, IT and Finance), as well as with the Company's clients, payors, consultants, banks and financial intermediaries and government agencies.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adhere to and comply with information systems security. Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures, attend Information Systems security training, and report information systems security problems if identified.
* Complete other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Communicate a willingness to help others succeed.
* Demonstrate and promote a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
* Convey and inspire a sense of competence and commitment.
* Use initiative to learn new skills, enhance personal knowledge and improve communications.
* Demonstrate an ability to communicate and work well with others (e.g., customers, facilities, AMR Operations, and payors).
* Seek opportunities to improve the work environment.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
* General knowledge of medical and insurance industry terminology.
* Knowledge of HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other critical governmental regulations within one (1) month of hire date.
* Maintain working knowledge of various tools including but not limited to basic Microsoft Office software, QWERTY keyboard use, basic computer function.
* Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing, to convey information distinctly and concisely. Use appropriate grammar and punctuation in written documents.
* High School diploma or GED required
* Current state EMT certification/licensure required; State Paramedic certification/licensure preferred
* Experience in performing medical patient care required with ambulance experience preferred
* Work with computer programs and software preferred
* Work with general public preferred
* Light lifting (paper files, office equipment)
* Occasional extended days
* Constant office environment (cubicles, enclosed offices)
* Occasionally: Paper shredding equipment, projection equipment
* Frequently: Copy machine, scanners, fax machine
* Constantly: Personal computer, telephone, cell/smart phone, printer
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.