Pre Registration Associate 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Pre-Registration Associate is responsible for pre-registration and pre-service collections tasks, from the various entry points of the Health Center, for all ancillary, diagnostic and surgical services, and for confirming and inputting pertinent demographic and insurance information in the Hospital Information System (HIS). The Pre-Registration Associate will employ effective communication skills in all interactions and promote and adhere to excellent customer service standards. Competency requirements for computer entry and insurance procedures will be maintained.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate to Mature Adult
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation
1. Contributes to departmental and hospital patient satisfaction.
2. Communicates openly in a non-judgmental and professional demeanor during all interactions with customers and co-workers.
1. If applicable, extends payment plans after receipt of the minimum, required payment.
2. Makes and appropriately documents the required number of attempts, according to policy, to contact the patient prior to the date of service to complete pre-registration tasks and collect patient liabilities.
3. Obtains/confirms any remaining Minimum Data Set (MDS) elements with the patient or patient guardian.
4. When applicable, completes Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire (MSPQ) prior to service.
1. Ensures documentation standards are followed and account notations are made in the appropriate system(s) timely and accurately.
2. Completes high-quality work while adhering to productivity standards.
3. Complies with applicable laws, regulation, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
4. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
5. Follows all safety rules while on the job
1. Communicates and attempts to collect patient liabilities prior to service.
2. Participates in departmental and hospital performance improvement plan.
1. Performs functions to complete action items utilizing available systems, as applicable.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
1. High School graduate or GED
2. College hours preferred
1. Minimum of 1 year healthcare experience in registering patients for hospital admissions, contacting insurance providers and verifying insurance
2. Collection experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. HIS experience preferred
2. Microsoft Outlook preferred
3. Computer skills required
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
5. Ability to manage a fast-paced environment
5. Ability to manage multiple phone calls at one time
6. Proficient in English, written and verbal; excellent communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.