Pre - Sales Engineer 8/18/2016
Mobile Apps Management Co.
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Detail (FullTime)JOB ID:STFSRCH00084635
JOB TITLE:Pre-Sales Engineer
POSTED FOR:Mobile Apps Management Co.
SALARY RANGE:$100,000.00 to $150,000.00
LOCATION:San Francisco, California 94102
* 5+ years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
* Leadership experience coaching more more junior team members,
* Track record of identifying and driving internal sales-engineering projects including tools, documentation, process
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others
* Value-based communication skills to customer business and technical stakeholders
* Provide technical response to RFx's, bids, and proposals
* Communicate customer and field engineering knowledge and feedback to internal resources
* Domain expertise with mobile apps, technology, and development tools including app software development on either iOS or Android
* Experience developing light-weight field integration's leveraging REST APIs
* Intermediate-level skill with at least one common programming or scripting language
* BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, similar technical area, or commensurate experience
Applicant must meet ALL of these requirements.
Our client lets organizations understand and quantify the link between the performance of their mobile apps, the happiness of their users, and the success of their business. Using our client, developers can build better apps faster and PMs can measure what matters most, ensuring the best possible user experience. We're baked into over 23,000 apps, logging 100B app events per month for users across 120 countries, across all kinds of industries. 3 of the top 5 credit card issuers, 3 of the top 5 media companies, 3 of the top 5 retailers, and 2 of the top 3 hotel chains trust us with the success of their mobile initiatives.
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING
Our client's Sales Engineering (SE) position will take a lead role in the broader Pre-Sales Engineering team as well lead technical Pre-Sales engagements as the primary technical resource for a Regional sales team. You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base and be willing to proactively identify gaps in tools, documentation, and process - and fill them.
You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Day to day, you will answer technical questions from customers regarding our client's technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate our client's technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You will identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you will establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's technical staff. You need to be organized and analytical, and be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
You will demonstrate our client's products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows. You will travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in on-site customer work when required.