Pre - Sales Solution Engineer 8/31/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
Pre-Sales Solution Engineer supporting the prospecting, qualifying and solution development efforts for managed services (80% of role) and IT consulting (20% of role) within the San Francisco Bay Area. This individual will be responsible for teaming closely with up to 10 Business Development Executives within the bay area to develop a high quality sales funnel and to co-lead campaigns to win opportunities and meet/exceed sales and revenue targets. In addition, this role will be relied on to be "eyes and ears" for technical trends in customer requirements and competition to help guide the path of next generation service offerings. Must be willing to invest considerable time in our operations center located in Boise, ID to both become intimately familiar with our offerings and to host customers during their briefings and operational visits.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate, as the primary technical sales lead, with multiple BDEs to identify, qualify and prioritize managed (80%) and consulting (20%) opportunities.
* Work closely with customers to understand their requirements, map those to service offerings and propose differentiated solutions that are backed by solid financial business cases.
* Establish very strong working relationship with Consulting colleagues (practitioners and practice area leads in the bay area), Operations staff (in Boise, ID) and the executive leadership team to ensure the assembly of winning coalitions of resources ("use the right resource at the right time")
* Build new and leverage existing relationships at new and existing clients across relevant roles including CIO, CTO, VP of Infrastructure and other influential "mobilizers" within target accounts
* Build sales funnel for professional services (interim consulting talent, project & advisory services) and managed services (infrastructure management, service desk) by actively hunting within existing clients and new prospects and by exploiting your own networks (incl. on-line)
* Achieve an "overlay" Sales Quota cross all lines of business (IT Consulting, Managed Services) and all bay area BDEs on a consistent monthly, quarterly and annual basis
* Provide guidance to sales, operations, marketing and product development on industry and technical trends observed within our customer's environments and competitor wins/losses.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Proven ability to sell both professional and managed services into Fortune 2000 accounts as the technical sales lead
* Technical and operational acumen with developing solutions for, pricing of, transitioning and on-going delivery of infrastructure and service desk managed services (and/or other relevant managed services e.g. managed hosting, cloud, etc.).
* Solid understanding of the technical and operational strengths and weaknesses of competition in the managed services space- and ability to adeptly position client in light of that knowledge
* Demonstrated competency developing, nurturing and maintaining executive relationships across IT, Product Engineering, Finance and other functional groups impacting IT decision making
* Track record juggling the pursuit of multiple opportunities across different lines of business and several BDEs simultaneously
* Interest and expertise in technical/sales writing for deployment to blogs, social media, whitepapers and various sales & marketing assets
* Competency with research skills and industry acumen required to perform insight-based selling and to put IT solutions in the context of the most pressing (and funded) business challenges for new and existing clients
* Track record of hunting for new logos and farming existing accounts
* Understanding of target industries (technology, SaaS/ISV, healthcare/pharma/biotech, financial services) and solution areas (infrastructure management, service desk, DevOps, Security, Networking, SysAdmin, Data Center Consolidation/Migration, Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud)
EDUCATION: B.A./B.S. Degree is required (possible exceptions if offset by professional experience and track record).
EXPERIENCE:7-10+ years of enterprise sales experience in a pre-sales solution engineer / solutions architect role. Operational experience in delivering/running managed services and/or professional services will give the candidate a significant advantage.
COMPUTER & OTHER SKILLS
Salesforce.com experience a plus as is knowledge of or competency with sales process and tools (e.g. Challenger Sales, Miller-Heiman, etc.)
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES
San Francisco Bay Area location