This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
We have multiple openings within our team:
*Based in Elgin, IL
Plan and execute complex system deployments, upgrades, additions or feature expansions. Create, document and communicate new processes as required by the needs of the customers and the technology. Look for product, process and documentation improvements and communicate to the appropriate groups. Participate in project debriefings, provide feedback, and follow up whenever issues and defects are discovered. Improve the quality of the upgrade deliverable s, minimize system downtime, and help ensure that a consistent methodology is used when deploying, upgrading or expanding a system
*Based in Chicago, IL
The Pre-Sales Engineer is the architect and owner of solution design. This includes development, design, evaluation, and modification of system solutions and architecture to meet customer requirements. This includes:
* Equipment list generation
* Description of system design, including diagrams
* Understanding customer requirements
* Radio Coverage design and analysis
* Calculation of power and networking requirements
* Participation in proposal reviews and contract negotiations
* Consultative guidance to customers and sales team
* Presentations to customers
Bachelor's degree (BSCS, BSEE, BSCE preferred).
Classes or internships systems engineering experience.
Experience may include but not limited to design, configuration, testing, performance analysis, deployment or troubleshooting.
- Understanding of different Motorola Public Safety system platforms (K, L, M series).
-Understanding of Astro 25 system features including but not limited to network transport, network management, fault management, consoles, RF sites, and data.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP Equipment & concepts
- Aggressive/Creative problem solving skill; ability to get things done in a multi-organizational environment
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of two-way radio systems, wireless data systems, Windows, and TCP/IP networking VERY desirable
-Familiar with OS deployed within the system (Linux, Solaris, Enterprise, ESX)
- Understanding of Motorola Solutions customer base and their critical system usage (Public Safety, First Responders, Utilities)
-Understand Active Directory
- Familiar with network security
This role may require the ability to pass background clearance as required by government customers
0 - 1
Bachelor's Degree Classes projects or internship in networking RF or related field