Pre-Sales Systems Engineer-Inside Sales (Latin America and Caribbean)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
This position supports the Latin America Region. Fluency in Spanish is required.
Helping organizations improve their Business Analytics processes through data management, advanced analytics and sophisticated reporting has proven to be a significant opportunity area for SAS. In the role of Presales Engineer for Inside Sales, you will provide technical assistance during software sales activities for the small to medium business (SMB) market.
As a Systems Engineer, you will provide technical presale support to SAS clients utilizing your knowledge of industry and statistical processes. Your responsibilities will include: utilizing selling techniques with an Inside Sales Representative to strategize on prospects and develop sales objectives for targeted accounts; preparing custom presentations based on opportunity analysis; providing timely follow up and communications to prospects and SAS team; customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction and growth; working effectively as part of a team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets; customizing, presenting, and evaluating sales seminars; providing support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings; assisting with training of staff; and performing other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates must be \\"hands on\\" with SAS software in a way that will demonstrate a vision for potential customers. This role involves translating business problems and requirements into analytic methods, reports, and workflows. The ability to demonstrate the business value and competitive differentiation of SAS software to prospective customers is vital to this role.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, Statistics or another quantitative field with:
* Two years of experience in technical sales, training, technical support, information systems, or related area of expertise.
* Experience using at least one of the following: SAS programming language, Enterprise Guide, JMP, Enterprise Miner, BI/Data Visualization Tools, Data Management tools.
* Public speaking experience and presentation experience.
* Work location of Cary, NC
* Fluency in Spanish
*Please attach resume in both English and Spanish*
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs.
* Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
* Demonstrated project leadership skills.
* Familiarity with two hardware environments supported by the SAS System.
* Demonstrated knowledge of SAS System tools.
* Strong knowledge of SAS platform architecture
* Strong knowledge of SAS offerings in Business Intelligence, Analytics, and/or Data Management
* SAS programming experience
* SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
* Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
* SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn