Pre-operative/PACU Nurse RN - Operating Room - Hospital Hill
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The periop and/or GI registered nurse provides services in the OR and/or GI departments in pre and post op services. Provides care to surgical patients with acute, chronic, and/or terminal medical conditions illnesses. Performs assessments based on the patient s surgical procedure, diagnosis, and care needs. Utilizes the nursing process to plan, perform, delegate, and evaluate the delivery of nursing care. Other duties include interdisciplinary team involvement, committees, program evaluations, research, education, and the supervision of students. Performs duties within the scope of the Missouri Nurse Practice Act and established organizational and regulatory requirements.
* Current state of Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or eligible for Missouri RN licensure.
* Current BCLS card.
* Current ACLS card as required by department.
* If position is responsible for radiologic functions, employee must have received the radiology certification or training in their nursing program or receive training validated through radiology competency checklist.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
* Critical Care experience.
* RN Specialty Certification.
9:00AM - 9:30PM