This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Confidential General Construction
JOB DESCRIPTIONPreconstruction Manager- Wilmington, DE
Core markets are K-12, Higher Education, Healthcare, Pharma, Manufacturing, and Non-Profit.
1. To provide Estimating: lump sum and bid services.
2. Prepares cost estimates that meet budget constraints.
3. Ensures that enough information is provided for accurate estimates.
4. Acquires competitive bid work.
5. To develop and nurture Estimating staff through mentoring, training, and example.
6. To understand the needs and expectations of our customers - both internally and externally; To continuously monitor the pulse of the customer in order to ensure we are meeting their changing needs and expectations
7. Develops and understands the full parameters of the project scope.
8. Achieves consensus (with customers a/o client Operations) relative to the project scope.
9. Qualifies all estimates and bids relative to scope.
10. To meet quantitative goals with respect to estimating and bidding
11. To develop and maintain an accurate and comprehensive data base
12. To assist in the development of owner contracts as required.
13. Utilizes all appropriate client systems, processes, and controls.
14. To be pro-active in identifying and communicating to customers and operations all issues that may put the project at risk, offers options and recommendations in order to reach a timely resolution.
15. To continually monitor estimating and bidding controls to ensure "No Surprises".
16. Continuously monitor the marketplace for project/relationship opportunities.
17. To support Marketing/Business Development in the acquisition of negotiated work.
18. To develop, nurture, and maintain a positive relationship with customers, operations, subcontractors, and design professionals so that the Estimating Department's commitment, performance, and value is recognized.
19. Attends continuing education and/or certification courses to stay current with bidding and estimating practices, methods, and technologies.
Hiring Manager Additional Notes:
1. This leader is a coach, mentor, collaborator and teacher.
2. Client focused solutions and not road blocks ("Can do" mentality)
3. Suggested time allocation
a. 40% External (new clients, existing clients and subcontractor relationships)
b. 25% pre-con coordination - (who does what to get the most out of the group)
c. 15% (MBWA) "Management by wondering around" - Checking in, asking questions and teaching the pre-con team
d. 10% - Coordination between divisions (operations, Mkt, WAG, Sr staff)
e. 10%- Leading bids
4. This job would be 70% strategic and 30% tactical
5. Success factors would include
a. Backlog goals
b. Conversion rates
c. Sub-contractor participation
d. Internal Communication and coordination
6. Making the pre-con team produce well produced bids that include high sub participation, detailed scopes, VE options, and deep understanding of the job.
7. Clear, concise and timely "solution based" estimates.