Senior Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 5/13/2017
Hitachi Data Systems
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you ready to work in Hitachi social innovation business unit on Internet of things that matter? As Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with applying predictive analytics to worlds biggest industrial challenges. We use machine learning to optimize the production and operation of machines, fleets, & factories. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales, channel partner, and key customers.
* Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
* Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
* Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
* Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
* Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
* 3 years of software marketing/product management experience.
* Knowledgeable in Internet of things, big data analysis, & machine learning technology.
* Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
* This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (25%).