Lumada-Specialist SW Development Engineer 9/7/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY What if you could be in a startup-like environment working on building predictive systems that keep a high bandwidth telecom network up and running, analyzing healthcare medical data to prevent diseases, developing video analytics to solve reduce crime, or building the most efficient smart grid power networks? Are you interested in joining a team that is building the coolest machine data streaming analytics systems, ultimate scale-out big data platforms, the next generation of predictive, optimization and control analytics on spatio-temporal data?
Hitachi Ltd is a $100B company with businesses in telecom, storage, computers, medical equipment, construction equipment, bullet trains, and mining,. We are Hitachi Data Systems, the $4B innovative technology arm of Hitachi Ltd focused on storage and computing systems and solutions. We are not only building our own analytics and big data technologies but we consume our own products and services.
We are currently building out our Big Data storage and compute platform team in Bellevue WA and Santa Clara. If you are a white-box software developer with expertise in the areas of clustering and distributed computing, we have an exciting role for you. If you want to work in a fast-paced startup environment developing uniquely scalable big data platforms, come join us. We are looking for a software automation engineer to help develop and deliver our leading edge clustering technologies, a key component in our Big Data platform.
This role will be part of our Public Safety-Evidence Management Team
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
* Review requirements and design documents and drive for clarity; identify opportunities to have test hooks inserted into the product code to validate functionality
* Create and execute test plans
* Work with build team, Dev, QA team and automation team to extend test coverage
* Work hand in hand with Development to understand and solve complex issues
KEY SKILLS INCLUDE
* Excellent initiative and motivation
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to work independently and drive problems to a solution with minimum of oversight
* Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
* 5 years of progressive and related software development work experience.
* Coding experience in Python, C or C
* Experience on a clustered NAS product or enterprise storage solution
* Strong Linux/Unix background
* Knowledge of storage/network protocols and connectivity.
* Knowledge of network file systems, disk-based file systems and/or file virtualization technologies.
* Understands when to use black box, white box and grey box test approaches
* Able to participate meaningfully in technical deep-dives into module designs and product architectures.
Not required but a strong plus:
* Understanding / Experience with competitive storage related products
* Usability design/ test experience
* Working knowledge of NFS and associated environments highly desired
* Unix /Linux system administration skills
* Hand on experience using many software engineering tools: Source code management, branching tools, code complexity analyzers, code coverage products, static and dynamic code analysis, memory mapping/tracing tools and capturing tools.