Prep Cook- Kitchen Helper
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Lake Charles, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
Lake Charles, LOUISIANA
Full Time, Temporary to Permanent
Advantage Resourcing is currently seeking highly motivated individuals for Food Prep / Kitchen Helper for a local restaurant venue. The position is responsible performing a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as preparing cold foods and shellfish, slicing meat, and brewing coffee or tea. As a Food Prep / Kitchen Helper, you must be able to perform task in a high volume kitchen and work well with a team. These include:
* Reads recipes and/or product directions.
* Estimates food requirements.
* Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, seasons and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
* Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
* Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
* Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
* Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
* May taste test products.
* May have basic cooking responsibilities, i.e., cook vegetables, chicken for salads.
* Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Attends training as designated.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills / Aptitude / Qualifications for the Food Prep / Kitchen Helper include:
* 6 months to 1 or more years of related work experience.
* Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
* Basic food handling skills.
$8.50 to $8.50 per Hour
Years Experience Required:
At ADVANTAGE RESOURCING, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales. .
Our strength is being able to solve our client s workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. ADVANTAGE RESOURCING can help you discover the personal and career success you desire..
Advantage Resourcing offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) plan.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.