This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/4/2017
Pleasant Prairie, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
12575 Uline Dr. Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Uline Shipping Supply Specialists
"The people I work with are as passionate as I am."
"I came to Uline for a job. Instead, I found a career."
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. We're a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products. Our people make the difference.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our Creative department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in direct marketing, catalog and direct mail design, creative design, graphic design, marketing communications, or industrial copywriting, Uline is the company for you.
Uline seeks a Prepress Technician at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
Join us as Uline expands their Creative Team!
Join us to experience why Uline has been designated with the Forbes 2016 America s Best Employers award.
* Maintain template consistency and file quality for print and electronic media.
* Produce, correct, preflight and output files for offset and digital presses.
* Create soft and hard copy proofs for internal proofing.
* Maintain accurate records of work performed and product generated, utilizing internal job tickets and tracking systems.
* Assist with the operation and maintenance of digital presses and large format printers.
* Operate laminating, mounting and trimming equipment.
* Ensure consistency of database information, file structure and archiving.
* Assist with Mac troubleshooting and provide support to the Creative department as needed.
* Associate's degree in graphic arts, imaging or printing and prepress technology.
* 3 to 5 years in a prepress production (offset and digital printing) and design environment.
* Ability to recognize and visually differentiate colors.
* Excellent proofing skills with an ability to read and apply math functions, including fractions, decimals and percentages.
* Detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize work and minimize production downtime.
* Understanding of Mac operating systems and FTP.
* Expertise in Adobe CS Suite, PDF Workflow, PostScript-RIP and font libraries.
* Proficient in of Excel with the ability to open and manipulate data.
* Knowledge of bindery, press and mail specifications (drill allowance, margins, bleeds, etc.).
* Experience with CMS, Pindar or Agility a plus.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Interact with teammates, internal clients and outside vendors.
* Ability to learn quickly and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
* Work overtime as needed.
* Complete insurance coverage medical, dental, vision, life.
* 401(k) with company match.
* Generous paid time off.
* Tuition reimbursement.
* 3 bonus programs.
Auto req ID