Presentation Designer 8/26/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
The BCG North American Visual Services Team consists of creative leaders, technology strategists, graphic designers, videographers, illustrations and more. We leverage design to translate complex business messages into beautiful visual storytelling.
As a Presentation Designer (PowerPoint) in the BCG North American Visual Services team, you will use your design experience and creative skills to:
* Design and edit advanced-level PowerPoint presentations
* Apply creative layout solutions to presentation slides
* Execute complex and ambiguous edits with minimal direction
* Host creative briefs that capture the business challenge, build timelines and communicate with client
* Support all design decisions with creative, strategic and/or business reasoning
* Pitch creative concepts, mock ups and discuss ideas to internal clients
* Participate in client calls and meetings
Basic Job Requirements
* Bachelor s degree in graphic design or related field preferred
* At least a year of experience as a Presentation specialist highly preferred
* Expert skill level in PowerPoint
* Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel and Word
* Knowledge of visual design visual theory (i.e., composition, color theory, typography etc.)
* Excellent time management skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate ideas
* Demonstrates excellent collaboration skills, a solution-based attitude, and the ability to work with people with diverse skills and backgrounds
* Thrives in an environment of continual feedback
* Ability to develop project from creative conception to final deliverable
* Ability to work independently and prioritize under narrow time limitations and/or with interruptions, to produce accurate results within quick turnaround times
* Handle stressful situations with poise, understanding and tact
* Actively listens, requests clarification when needed
* Ability to flex approach from a design and working style perspective depending on the needs of the project and client
* Consistent willingness to go above and beyond for project deliverables, as well as one s own development
* Experience in a professional services environment preferred
* Sharp eye for layout design and awareness of design trends
* Exceptional attention to detail
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
To be considered candidates must include a link to their portfolio.
Please note that the regular working hours for this role are 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2888BR