This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fast Growing Environmental Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONEstablished in 2000, Our Client was founded with the intent to offer safe, cost effective environmental services at the highest level of customer satisfaction. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, Our Client has expanded dramatically. To date, the Company has completed projects in 38 US States as well as internationally.
As Our Client has grown, its service offerings have expanded making it a significant force in the environmental construction market. The Company currently executes environmental remediation services, demolition, abatement, oil & gas services, waste management, landfill, emergency response/disaster relief, and industrial services. Clients include Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies as well as Top 10 Consulting & Engineering firms.
Scope and Responsibility
Our Client is looking to hire a seasoned executive to serve as President of the company. This will be an essential, integral and highly visible position within the organization. The successful candidate will be a leading member of the executive team. S/he will be responsible for providing strategic and day-to-day leadership for the company and its workforce.
The President will oversee the P&L and ensure that resources are properly allocated in order to meet or exceed established goals and objectives. A key component to enabling this success will be the further refinement and optimization of key functions including Operations, Health & Safety, Business Development, Compliance, Legal, Human Resources, and Finance. In order for the organizations to reach its next level of achievement, the President will directly and indirectly develop and implement more sophisticated policies and procedures based on functional and industry best practices.
Additionally, the President will work extremely close with the CEO & Owner to establish long range, goals and objectives and implement processes to meaningfully move the Company towards it's ideal future state.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Provides day-to-day leadership and management . that mirrors the mission and core values of the company.
* Fosters a success oriented, accountable environment.
* Drives the Company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
* Owns the process of creating the Company's business plan working in close association with the Company's CEO & Owner as well as and outside advisors.
* Revises business plan as appropriate.
* Oversees the execution of the Company's business plan on a day-to-day basis.
* Leads initiatives to effectively invest in people, facilities, equipment, and market development endeavors to achieve the Company's vision and growth expectations.
* Spearheads the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
* Enhances and/or develops key policies and procedures for the organization with an eye towards improved operation and effectiveness of the business without sacrificing efficiency.
* Implements and enforces policies and procedures.
* Provides timely, accurate and complete reports summarizing and forecasting The Company's business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
* Direct reports will include the General Council, Chief Talent Officer, as well as Directors in Sales, Human Resources, Operations, IT, Finance, and the Estimating department.
* Sets measurable performance goals for every department.
* Ensure best in class leadership talent by evaluating and training & developing leaders.
* Perform terminations as required.
* Directly oversees the hiring and performance measurement of outside consultants contracted to assist the Company in achieving its performance goals.
* Acts as lead in "client care" through direct contact with key clients, stakeholders and business partners.
Background / skills Required
* 10 - 20years' experience in Construction and/or Environmental Services with an emphasis on self-performance.
o Particularly relevant fields include environmental construction, demolition, remediation, or abatement.
o Other pertinent fields of experience may include heavy civil construction, industrial services, and specialty contractors.
* Significant experience in contract document interpretation, claims avoidance, and contract negotiations.
* Demonstrated background in strategy development and analysis of business activities to evaluate and determine resulting financial impact.
* Solid foundation in financial management with an emphasis on overall P&L, cost controls and management/project reporting.
* Demonstrated experience in setting critical people and talent management strategies for his or her organization that have successfully addressed key leadership and organizational development needs for organizations.
* Identifiable record of emphasizing, promoting and maintaining a safe work environment and overarching EH&S program.
* An ability to assess markets, identify acquisition targets, and to the extent required manage relevant elements of the integration process.
* A track record of building strong, effective teams of people with complementary skills.
* An ability to proactively address performance issues involving business results, projects, and people.
* Clearly visible collaborative problem-solving skills.
* A Bachelor's degree is required. An MBA or other related advanced degree is preferred.
* Strategic Thinking.
* Business Acumen.
* Problem Solving/Analysis.
* Decision Making.
* Performance Management.
* Results Driven.
* Communication Proficiency.
* Financial Management.
* Supervisory Responsibility