President and Chief Executive Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Arbitration Forums, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Founded in 1943, Arbitration Forums, Inc. is a membership-driven, not-for-profit organization that exists to effectively and efficiently serve its over 4,700 members' (insurance companies) recovery and resolution needs. AF is the nation's largest arbitration and subrogation services provider. Annually, its members file over 693, arbitration disputes and 1,494, subrogation demands collectively worth over $9.75 billion in claims.
The Arbitration Forums, Inc. President and Chief Executive Officer conducts the affairs of the organization; interpret and apply the policies of the Board of Directors; create policy; lead and control the operations of the Company and the activities of the staff departments and employees; maintain contact with member companies, private and governmental agencies; and generally conduct public relations. This position is also responsible for the development and implementation of a program for corporate growth, both in utilization and product offerings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The direct reports for this position are Chief Financial Officer, Director of Human Resources, Director of Marketing, Compliance and Corporate Communications, Director of Quality and Field Operations, Chief Information and Technology Officer and Director of Product Innovation and Delivery.
Activities - Major responsibilities under the leadership of the President adequate safeguards (audited procedures) exist; the promulgated Board investment policies are adhered to and, along with annual audit results, are communicated at the Audit Committee meetings and at routine Board meetings.
SUCCESSION PLANNING: The CEO will direct recruitment, coach, assess and grow talent for the senior team and identify potential CEO successors. Develop formalized processes to recognize talent, assess skill gaps and oversee the mentoring/training program to retain and grow the leadership team.
TRANSPARENCY OF COMPANY: The Board desires that the CEO ensure transparency in the company's business practices and relationship with the Board.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: The CEO in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources will develop and implement compensation and benefit plans that meet the interests and needs of employees while meeting the financial needs of the company.
MEMBER (CUSTOMER) RELATIONS: The CEO will ensure the establishment and maintenance of communication with the home offices of the signatory companies as appropriate. He/she will review the Marketing Department's development and implementation of a marketing plan that supports the corporate goals objectives and strategy.
The CEO acts as the Corporate Social Responsibility liaison to the Tampa Bay community.
TECHNOLOGY: The CEO will assure the use of proven, member-acceptable technology that provides up time, data, systems and facilities security at or above company and member standards to include Disaster Recovery, encryption and hardware security.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education and Experience:
* An experienced leader and senior executive within the Insurance Industry
* Master's degree (MA) or equivalent, fifteen years' related insurance industry experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
* An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
* Diverse experiences in managing a range of administrative areas of responsibility
* An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
* A persuasive individual who is able to articulate the vision of the company to many different levels of individuals, both internal and external
* A decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation and detail-oriented perspective
* A well-organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player
* A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor
* An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties to a dispute
The position is located in Tampa, FL. A generous employee benefit, retirement and relocation package will be offered to the successful applicant based on the candidate's qualifications and experiences.