President of Consumer Goods and President of Specialty Bakery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery(R), Otis Spunkmeyer(R), and Oakrun Farm Bakery(R). We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes five operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, Brand, US Specialty Bakery and US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by five Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
Reporting to the COO, Americas, the President will have full P&L responsibility for a Business Unit. This executive will provide strategic vision and leadership in order to achieve the Business Unit's short and long-term growth objectives reporting to the COO, Americas.
* Full P manage day-to-day operations of the assigned functions, including formulating and implementing long and short-range strategic plans, policies and programs to achieve revenue and profitability objectives; establish clear metrics and accountabilities within assigned functions to insure that performance meets established objectives
* Report directly to the Chief Operating Officer (Americas) and work collaboratively with the Canada and Brazil regional teams to execute the company-wide strategy
* Work jointly with our Americas support services functions to maximize operational efficiencies
* Provide leadership and oversight of the bakeries/supply chain function ensuring the Business Unit is operating efficiently and is maximizing margin in all aspects of the supply chain
* Identify, create and implement new market strategies to grow the ARYZTA US business
* Responsible to provide appropriate data and reporting to Company senior management to enable timely and enabled decision making
* Member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), comprised of CEO, COO, Presidents of the Business Units and functional heads of the support services, which is responsible for all key Company decision-making and execution
* Consult with other members of the ELT of appropriate infrastructure, systems, programs and methods to achieve growth objectives which are in line with defined policies and within authority limits
* Build relationships at the most senior level with key supply chain contacts and customers
* Maximize customer satisfaction by focusing on creating customized solutions for the each customer, build lasting relationships with existing customers, and create new relationships
* Provide leadership and guidance to ELT, working collaboratively with team members to establish performance expectations necessary to achieve success. Maintain a high level of motivation and morale; attract and retain executive talent and evaluate executive performance
* Responsible to mentor and coach the team, maintain a team-oriented working environment that promotes open discussion on important issues, a high level of personal commitment and accountability, and a continued focus on profitability, quality and customer service at all levels
* Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders, both within and outside the company
* Supports new product development and implementation strategies for the Business Unit and customers in the United States
* Provide strategic leadership for Company's Core Values
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE expected to have a career of increasing responsibility and complexity
* A Bachelor's degree is required. An MBA and/or Graduatedegree is highly desirable
* Demonstrated success leading multiple diverse, cross functional and remote teams
* The leadership style and mental agility to move effectively between strategic roles and hands-on execution roles
* Proven success developing effective, technical teams, attracting and developing top talent, and grooming next generation leaders
* Must be able to travel via commercial airlines extensively (~50%) in the Company's US and international locations
_ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer __(AA/EOE)_