Press/Metal Processing Supervisor (2016271)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Sonoco Products Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and packaging supply chain services. With annualized combined sales of approximately $5 billion, the Company has more than 20,000 employees working in more than 330 operations in 34 countries, serving some of the world s best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco is committed to providing associates every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders. For more information on the Company, visit our website at www.sonoco.com.
With direction from the department manager, the position is accountable for; safety, quality, productivity, material handling, cost performance, and employee relations for assigned shift and department. Job requires efficient use of resources (labor, materials, and equipment) to manufacture quality products at lowest possible cost. Supervise and coordinate the activities of hourly employees on assigned shifts. Position is responsible for implementing and maintaining best manufacturing practices and regulatory compliance for assigned shift.
* Ensure the safety of all employees; lead safety teams and programs on assigned shift to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.).
* Supervise all production activities for assigned shift. Schedule shift employees. Crew machines to cover vacations, absence, and overtime.
* Meet or exceed productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations for assigned shift. Implement and maintain best manufacturing practices.
* Hire, train, direct and mentor shift employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
* Direct shift in continuous improvement initiatives, such as SPS, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing.
* Coordinate production scheduling on shift to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory, and to reduce costs.
* Support quality initiatives to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations. Ensure employees complete required quality checks and audits.
* Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Provide direction, training, and development as needed. Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed. Recommend disciplinary action to department manager.
* Prepare required shift documentation: production reports, time cards, etc.
* Identify, propose and implement capital projects to improve operational performance.
* Production crewing and scheduling to maximize output while controlling costs
* Safety, productivity and quality issues
* Employee hiring, training and development
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* 2+ years of experience required
Memphis, Tennessee, United States