This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
WS PACKAGING GROUP IS SEEKING A 3RD SHIFT PRESS OPERATOR TO JOIN OUR NEENAH FACILITY.
Responsible for the operation of a variety of presses (Nilpeter, Webtron, Arsoma, and Gallus) and corresponding auxiliary equipment in the production of primary labels, coupons, and games. To execute according to the plan of the orders while maintaining quality and equipment.
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non-Exempt
* Understand and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual
* Understand and support the Corporate Mission Statement, Values, Vision, and Operating Principles
* Adhere to mandatory safety requirements while looking for ways to improve
* Meet attendance standards.
* Practices and sustains Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
* Run various presses for producing primary labels, coupons, and games
* Run defect free product while doing the quality checks thoroughly and as documented on the retain review checklist
* Read over the job jacket to thoroughly understand what the expectations are for the order you are producing
* Job OK on orders prior to running; working with the customer during customer approvals
and support all standard operating procedures. Specifically those pertaining to quality expectations established for each order.
* Maintain work center equipment in good working order. Perform operator preventive maintenance on equipment as outlined in the operator PM schedule. Report equipment problems immediately and fill out work orders as necessary.
* Communicate directly with the finishing operators on quality concerns at the rewinding stage or on orders being shipped from press
* Be open to feedback from Quality Techs or Finishing operators about quality issue and immediately working to correct the issues on press
* If down for a length of time see you team leader for the priorities on the other machines
* Help to create a flexible organization through training, innovation, and communication with other areas of the business.
* Be involved in process improvement teams
* Communicate concerns, issues and status of specific orders with TRPs
* Understand what the expectations are on the order that you are producing. Meeting or exceeding the expectations of the plan while running a quality product
* Assist in maintaining a high level of cleanliness and organization throughout production areas.
* Assist in other areas of the plant due to slow or busy periods
* Communicate with other departments and the other supervisors
* Cross train on other presses to be a resource during vacations and on weekends to all areas of the plant
* Lead by example
* Order supplies and parts necessary for the production process
May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
1 2 year degree in Printing or equivalent work experience
1 3 years prior experience in narrow-web printing, four color process printing and multiple-ply constructions is strongly preferred.
* Demonstrate proactive - change process, improve run time, reduce MR, other process improvement areas.
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Good listening skills
* Able to set and follow priorities
* Able to remain organized during multi-tasking and prioritizing
* Understand and demonstrated use of out of box thinking when working with people and schedules
* Provide a positive attitude that sets the tone in creating an enjoyable workplace
* Able and interest to continue to grow, develop and continue learning with the company
* Possess skills to understand the business flow and process
* Handle and deal with confrontation
* Adapt to change on a continuous basis
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May be on feet 8 12 hours a day with need to stand, walk, kneel, crawl, crouch, stoop, bend, climb, as needed.. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area. Moderate to frequent walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs (25 lbs repetitively) is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and ability to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.