This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
WS Packaging Group Inc.
San Luis Obispo, CA
The Press Operator I role is responsible for the set up and operation of single and multi-color printing presses in accordance with the printing specifications and customer requirements/expectations.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Ability to manage and run presses assigned for Press Operator I level.
* Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
* Reviews job tickets and verifies that stock, inks, and dies are available and used as specified.
* Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
* Pulls spec, verifies aniloxes, ink colors, die outline, stock, and special instructions.
* Sets up machine; installs aniloxes, inks, correct stock, die, and plates.
* Sets impressions and registers print-to-print and print-to-die.
* Loads the specified type of paper and adds ink
* Adjusts the press to the paper size and feeds the paper through the press cylinders
* Completes all start-up checks, verifies scan ability of bar code, and gets start approval.
* Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
* Finishes job by verifying end to start approval.
* Closes out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with product.
* Properly fill out and complete paperwork including, but not limited to, QA check sheets, QA 1st label sign-off, roll end procedures, operator sign-offs on each p/n along with obtaining QA sign-offs, flag sheets, time sheets, gray folders, job history cards, die retools, artwork change form, factory order changes, and required work orders.
* Performs general maintenance to press.
* Follows 6S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
* Forward any suggestions or concerns to Pressroom Technical Assistant and work with him/her to improve your ability to run equipment proficiently, reduce waste, increase productivity, reduce set-up times, and/or any additional enhancements to help increase profit and through-put
* Participate in implementation of process improvement for internal/external customers through data collection, standardized procedures and teamwork.
* Report any necessary maintenance required on the press or auxiliary equipment to your Pressroom Technical Assistant and fill out the required work order.
* Request help from your Pressroom Technical Assistant in trouble-shooting, planning, and direction of jobs.
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Requires a minimum 2 years of relevant experience in press operation in a manufacturing environment.
* Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
* Meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
* Set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
* Basic leadership skills required to give press assistant simple directions.
* Basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
* Solid verbal and written communications skills with strong ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
* Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
* Pass color vision and color hue tests.
* Maintain good attendance.
* Willing to work overtime as needed.
* Willingness to be a cross-functional employee that can work with multiple teams within the organization to achieve success.
* Capable of devising multiple alternative solutions based on limited assumptions and information.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.