Preventative Maintenance Mechanic 9/7/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF POSITION
Performs maintenance and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reports mechanical problems and repairs for maintenance on all equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
2. Communicates with managers and drivers on issues with vehicles and determines preventative techniques to minimize future repairs.
3. Changes fluids and greases units on scheduled intervals
4. Wrapping and covering hydraulic chafing, electrical, and waterlines.
5. Completes all required paperwork in a timely and concise manner.
6. Follows all safety policies and procedures
7. Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
8. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Waste Pro USA
* Knowledge of basic maintenance and repair techniques
* Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
* Knowledge of tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles
* Basic computer skills as required
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company
* Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a da
* Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead unassisted
* Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees and waist
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist to perform work
* Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather environments .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.