This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently looking for a PRICING ANALYST in BOSTON, MA.
We have been rated by Forbes as one of the best small companies to work for. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
The Pricing Analyst will support and collaborate with Sales on all pricing related responsibilities. This entails collecting and maintaining current pricing to ensure pricing is complete, accurate and in compliance with State pricing regulations, Company guidelines and industry practice. In addition to assisting with establishing pricing for new packages as well as taking price increases, adding and modifying increased promotions. This also involves analyzing and evaluating current and proposed pricing to ensure net revenue is maximized to meet Company goals.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* Manage the administration of pricing in PriceLink (internal pricing database) to ensure:
* Deals are accurate and in line with the markets current pricing strategy and Company guidelines
* Finished good pricing and discount allowances comply with state pricing regulations
* Price changes are entered timely to meet price postings requirements
* Un-submitted price changes are acted upon
* Estimates for volume sold on deal is accurate
* All finished goods on an order have the correct pricing
* Pricing for new packages meets National pricing direction
* Manage Promotions/Discounts:
* Ensure all active deals are available and are accurate in the applicable reimbursement system
* Validate and resolve invoices with material discrepancies
* Complete verifications to meet internal audit requirements
* Follow up with distributors who have an outstanding discount liability
* Address distributor questions on missing promotions
* Identify and resolve price optimization opportunities including selling higher than suggested, stagnant finished goods prices, discount invoice discrepancies, deals where gross margin is below minimum target, etc
* Partner with Region Managers to create a strategic pricing plan to achieve annual pricing goals
* Price increases are taken when opportunity exists and in advance of the effective date
* Promotions are evaluated to assess the spend is a good business decision
* Evaluate depth and frequency of post off promotions
* Evaluate minimum quantity drops for everyday promotions
* Build, update and modify non-system generated pricing reporting including distributor profitability, stagnant finished good prices, volume sold on deal, monthly alerts on promotional pricing, changes to retail programs, and post off evaluation
* Assist Accounting with questions on price posting or finished goods invoice corrections
* Assist with projects related to improving pricing systems, pricing processes and price reporting
* Support Region Managers with other pricing related needs including price area consolidation/separation
* Assist with On and Off Premise Sales requests for retailer pricing data or analysis
* Complete ad-hoc projects, analysis and other duties as assigned
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the Consumer Package Goods Industry as a Pricing or Financial Analyst with a track record of success in a fast-paced work environment
* BA/BS Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics or equivalent combination of education and experience related to basic financial analysis.
* Advanced analytical skills
* Solid decision making, problem solving, negotiating and persuasion skills
* Strong math aptitude (rates, percentages, gross profit and margin, sales markup)
* Proficient with MS Office applications
* Proficient with using retail syndicated data such as IRI or Nielsen
* Ability to manipulate large data sets
* High sense of urgency and commitment to task with a strong sense of accountability
* Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize workload
* Detail and action-oriented self-starter
* Solid communication and customer service skills
* Experience evaluating, analyzing and recommending price strategies preferred
* Experience with reporting tools such as COGNOS preferred
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.