Pricing Analyst I 9/16/2016
National General Insurance Company
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
This position works under the direction of the Personal Lines or Specialty (Commercial Vehicle & Motorcycle) Division and spends a majority of their time collecting and analyzing statistical, financial, and competitive information to help make pricing, underwriting, agency management, distribution, and claims decisions.
Essential Duties Include:
* Identify and solve product/pricing problems by performing analysis that involves retrieving and analyzing both internal and external data.
* Assists with analysis and implementation of changes to existing insurance products as well as the development of new products.
* Perform extensive product reviews that require analysis of trends, factors, issues, competitive analysis, and rate level indications.
* Analyzes agency management, product distribution, and claims procedures to enhance growth and underwriting profit of the insurance product.
* Assists with rate recommendations, and state insurance department filings for assigned products.
* Assists in analyzing financial results, product profitability and forecasting, Assists in forecasting and modeling results of action plans.
* Communicate and collaborate with business partners in other functional areas, including marketing, finance, claims, IT, and senior management.
* Bachelor or advanced degree in insurance, actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, risk management, economics, business administration or related analytics-oriented discipline.
* Demonstrated ability to organize and analyze complex data sets.
* Highly proficient in managing and manipulating data in Excel and preferably Access.
* Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and data extraction.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to present information to management, other functional areas, and insurance agents.
* Ability to drive for results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, make decisions, see trends/patterns within data sets, identify root causes.
* Experience with personal lines insurance ratemaking methodologies and pricing techniques.
* Product management experience
* Experience with other data tools like SAS or SAS EG
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.